Sea Vixen PR3

Started by PR19_Kit, November 22, 2010, 01:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

One of the theoretical advantages of being retired (read as 'old'....) is you're not meant to need as much sleep as when you were younger. In my case this translates into only needing maybe 5 hrs/night, sometimes even less, so long as I get one good night's sleep/week sometime. So last night/this morning I woke up at 0445 (!) with brain running on full burner while waiting for breakfast in the hotel I'm staying in. What does one do but get stuck into the PR3 of course?  ;D

So here's the first build piccies, obviously a Frog FAW2 with Airfix U2 wings, an Italari RF-84F nose and an FAA Models Sea Vixen upgrade kit, and boy, does that Frog Sea Vixen need upgrading! You can tell it's 70s technology right away, the plastic is about 3-4 mm thick and is as strong as granite. The U2 wings are almost delicate in comparison, as is the FAA set of bits, but as I don't have a razor saw with me they'll have to stay in their bag till I get home tonight.

Still an hour to go before breakfast........

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

In this Sunday morning, I was also awake at 04:45am, so this is not always related to age (I went to bed at 8pm)... ;)
Concerning your PR3, I think you will need butcherizing this thick & strong plastic if you want to build the drawing you presented, no? This is not "straight from the box", is it?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Tophe,

Quote from: Tophe on December 04, 2010, 11:31:46 PM
This is not "straight from the box", is it?

Straight from the box? I don't think I've EVER built a model straight from the box, and that goes for RW models too!  ;D

No, there will be RADICAL changes, to say the very least....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit