TTA Proximan K13 Shark

Started by sotoolslinger, November 27, 2010, 11:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all :wub: The first kits will come out when Somebody comes up with the several gallons of mold making material and resin it would take to cast them  :blink: That thing is like 14 inches long :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Typical PSR session :wacko:
The Hydrogen Collectors are still not actually attached for ease of sanding

I amuse me.

Gondor

This is looking really really good even at this stage  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sotoolslinger

Thanks bubba. Pictures sometimes lie :wacko: :rolleyes: :lol:
I amuse me.

Mossie

I've been enjoying your TTA stuff Ron.  Although most peeps here seem to know about it, it's something that's passed me by, the first time I'd heard of it was here.  All these builds look great & true to the drawings.  This one's continuing that trend.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Mossie. They are probably out of your demographic ;D I think the one I am working from came out in '79 The artist that did this one is Angus Mckee who I believe is still around. Colin Hay who painted the Stingray and Hornet has died. The books are available on Amazon and such but you can sometimes find them in used book stores.
I amuse me.

Doc Yo

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 14, 2010, 06:26:35 PM
Thanks y'all :wub: The first kits will come out when Somebody comes up with the several gallons of mold making material and resin it would take to cast them  :blink: That thing is like 14 inches long :wacko:

Well, I don't aboout several gallons, but hopefully folks who like these designs will be happy with slightly smaller,
and slightly different, versions of these.

I wonder about Angus McKie. He had a website up until about 2001 or so, but I've been unable to find him
on line since. I think he still has a gallery or dealer representing him, but its been awhile since I looked.

sotoolslinger

Yes Doc I personally can't wait for yours to come out. I am representing these as post war models. I am looking forward to getting yours so I can have different versions/models/marks :wub: '
What kind of timeline are we looking at?
I amuse me.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 17, 2010, 06:37:20 AM
Thanks Mossie. They are probably out of your demographic ;D I think the one I am working from came out in '79 The artist that did this one is Angus Mckee who I believe is still around. Colin Hay who painted the Stingray and Hornet has died. The books are available on Amazon and such but you can sometimes find them in used book stores.

Maybe just out, I was three when that book came out!  I vaguely remember similar books (possibly even those ones), at the local library.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Actually Stewart Cowley did a bunch of other, similar books under the psudonym Stephen Caldwell. They had somewhat inferior artwork and according to the author were basically done for quick cash ;) :rolleyes: There are probably 10 or 12 similarly themed books out on the market :wub:
I amuse me.

Doc Yo

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 17, 2010, 10:36:19 AM
Yes Doc I personally can't wait for yours to come out. I am representing these as post war models. I am looking forward to getting yours so I can have different versions/models/marks :wub: '
What kind of timeline are we looking at?

I hope to be able to get them into the mail to Martin before the end of February, sooner if possible. From there,
we'll see.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 17, 2010, 01:20:00 PM
Actually Stewart Cowley did a bunch of other, similar books under the psudonym Stephen Caldwell. They had somewhat inferior artwork and according to the author were basically done for quick cash ;) :rolleyes: There are probably 10 or 12 similarly themed books out on the market :wub:

That sounds about right, I remember them as being pretty stanard spacecraft compared to some of these.  Don't know it's related, but I remember having a colouring book full of such spacecraft too! :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Dang now I have never seen the coloring book :blink: :wub:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Typical PSR . I did install the hydrogen collectors  :thumbsup:

I amuse me.

Gondor

Still looking good even when you show it has flaws. Same goes for your other TTA builds

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....