Southern Expo 2011

Started by NARSES2, November 29, 2010, 07:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGreig

Next some small scale stuff. Firstly a 1/700 model of the proposed German carrier "Elbe". This was to be converted from the liner "Potsdam" and would have been about 2/3 the size of the "Graff Zeppelin" - not sure that it was ever designed to accommodate troop carrying Flugelrads however, - - - -

Secondly, a model of HMS Hood as she would have appeared in 1942 after a refit.

Then two Anigrand 1/144 kits - the Kalinin K-7 . (a real aircraft, but the only one built crashed long before the War and was never finished in a winter bomber scheme) and a Douglas XB-31.

McGreig

And then the inevitable Luftwaffe '46 models.

McGreig

And finally, some non-whiffs which I liked - a 1/72 Tay Viscount, a 1/144 A-90 Orlyonok, a 1/72 vacform of the appealingly ugly LWS-6 Zubr and finally an attack by the Martians of "The War of the worlds" (actually, that last one probably is a whiff - - - :rolleyes:)

NARSES2

Thanks for posting those. We obviously have similar tastes as they are basically the ones that interested me  ;D Didn't have my camera as I was out up town immediately after visiting the show.

Dropped by the Soviet SIG stand a couple of times but you were AWOL - must of been out with the camera  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Thanks for posting.....I enjoyed the show but struggled to see how it justifies two days......not complaining though......the only pic I took was a few of the 1/35 trump Hind that was built up....lovely looking kit but.......my only criticism would be....chap spent a lot of time n effort on it,that was plain to see.....so why not drill the four barrels out on the nose gun....?? Go in a mil,paint the gun n apply the wash or dab of paint or whatever.....look so much better than the solid lump......if I at my age n hands like frying pans with fingers like saveloys can drill out scoops on a 1/72 Su 25 there should be no excuse.....not in 1/35 scale.... Not a rant....just saying....if he put as much effort as he did into stuff that can hardly be seen...why not a little on the thing that's staring you straight in the eye....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

No show these days is worth 2 days, only Scale Modelworld is due to it's sheer size.  Any 2 day show now struggles and it's only a matter of time before the organisers see that.  Huddersfield was 2 days with just half the hall (yeah, work that one out!  You did get to see the aerobis tho...), Tyneside was 2 days before going down to 1 in 2003.  Hartlepool...  The less said about the better.  It deserved to fold.

And I have to apologise to our Scots contingent but the sooner their Nationals goes down to the one day, the better.  It's woefully dragged out and certainly does not warrant 2 days.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic