Southern Expo 2011

Started by NARSES2, November 29, 2010, 07:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Why don't we set a time to meet up on Saturday, say 11am at the cafeteria or somewhere?

Haven't been to SE for years so I'm not sure of the layout inside.

PR19_Kit

Sounds good to me, do we all have to carry a copy of Flight magazine upside down or something similar?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

im unable to do the saturday. But I have arranged to meet up with Chris Fooks from Collector kit on Sunday, to deliver a large resin order he asked me to have a go at back at SMW10.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Unfortunately cannot get the time of work.....would like to have gone.....think I went many years ago with a friend....have fun you lot... :thumbsup:........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Nick

I've just checked the Tube website and there's major works on the District line next weekend.  :angry:

Replacement buses are running but it'll take ages to get there.

NARSES2

I'm going via mainline to Romford and then bus. That's the way I usually go.

I'll only be there for a acouple of hours as I ahve to be somewhere in the afternoon
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 14, 2011, 06:43:23 AM
I've just checked the Tube website and there's major works on the District line next weekend.  :angry:

Replacement buses are running but it'll take ages to get there.

The 'Real Railway' goes to Upminster too, but it's quite a step from the station to the Expo site.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Done it that way a few times as well Kit, but it's a fair walk from the station. Easier to get a bus at Romford, about 15mins on the bus and then a 5 min walk
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'm staying in Essex right now, and having seen the parking chaos at the Expo before I may leave my car here and ride in on my bike! It's about 8 miles from here I think.

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Possibility I may be able to go.....it would only be for a few hours as well as I'm nights on Saturday.....Chris,PM for you.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Enjoyed myself today n met a few friendly faces.....done a bit of shopping,got a few bargains.....thanks Chris for putting up with me.
Finally saw a Trumpeter Hind made up..... :wub: :wub:....can't wait for mine to arrive.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

I saw Chris in passing today, and chatted with Nick a couple of times, but missed Hank totally, but there were loads of people about. I collected my ill gotten gains from Colin Freightdog for my 2nd place in the Pegasus comp (THANKS VERY MUCH COLIN!  :thumbsup:) and bought one of his Spitfire XIVE plus decals deals.

Colin commented 'Oh, do you do ordinary subjects too?'  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Shame I missed you.....coulda shook yer hand for the help/info re the fuel boom....and picked your brain a bit....oh well.....there be another time.........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on March 19, 2011, 01:23:23 PM
Shame I missed you.....coulda shook yer hand for the help/info re the fuel boom....and picked your brain a bit....oh well.....there be another time.........H

No probs Hank, that's what friends are for, specially Whiff-World friends.

As you say, there'll be other shows, and it will give you time to build the tanker......  ;)

Regards
Kit

McGreig

Not too much What If  at Southern Expo. However, there were some interesting models.

First, some shameless self promotion - four photos from the Soviet Aircraft SIG stand.

The Ukranian MiG-21 and the Soviet Ju-87 never flew in  those colours. The MiG acquired the blue and yellow scheme when it was mounted on a plinth as a monument and, although there are photos of Ju-87D and G aircraft in Soviet Stars, the Russians never tested (to the best of my knowledge) the earlier Ju-87B (Also, the Stuka is not a plastic kit, it is the 1/72 Corgi metal model, with the national markings suitably altered).

The Su-11 is the old Leoman resin kit in a Flanker-inspired scheme.

The final photo shows the experimental MiG-152-2 heavy interceptor (not a whiff) and a Chinese MiG-25