An alternative Middle-East GB ? - Now the 'Sons of the Desert' GB

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, November 30, 2010, 01:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Interestingly Iranians, Afghanis & Pakistanis ARE (generally) ethnically related.

Also of note is that, although Iraqi's often claim "Persian" heritage, they are, in fact, 75-80% Arabs & only 3% Persian;
the Iranians, Afghanis & Pakistanis have a significantly higher Persian ancestry (approx 50% - although quite a bit lower in Pakistan due to the Indian influence).

However, Iran & Afghanistan are somewhat geographically isolated from both sides & are considered the "Persian Plateau".

Therefore, an alt. Mid-East GB theme which includes a "Persian Air Force" implies Iranian & Afghani inclusion.

Pedantic hair-splitting, I know..... but it's fun! :wacko:

:thumbsup: :cheers: :drink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Taiidantomcat

Every mid east GB proposal I have ever seen runs into these problems! Geography Vs Culture Vs religion  ;D
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Fulcrum

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 05, 2010, 07:40:44 AM
Every mid east GB proposal I have ever seen runs into these problems! Geography Vs Culture Vs religion  ;D
The Middle East is certainly a complicated & complex place.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

GTX

Well it is ALTERNATIVE Middle East, so maybe even the definition of which countries are included can change?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: GTX on December 05, 2010, 11:25:59 PM
Well it is ALTERNATIVE Middle East, so maybe even the definition of which countries are included can change?

Greg to the rescue!! If that isn't a common sense solution I don't know what is  :thumbsup: Less worry, more ideas folks!

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I'm so glad I suggested this !  :banghead:

Note to Self:
Next time you have an idea. Stay quiet  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 08, 2010, 01:47:01 AM
I'm so glad I suggested this !  :banghead:

Note to Self:
Next time you have an idea. Stay quiet  :blink:

Ian

No worries its back on track.  :thumbsup:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Had an inspiration...... How about 'SONS OF THE DESERT' GB ??

Doesn't matter what part of Asia/Africa it comes from, simply build/paint something desert related. Would that work  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 02, 2010, 02:01:58 PM
just a Thought: If its desert schemes you want you could simple go with a desert theme, just like the "let is snow" GB Geography doesn't have to play a part if you don't want it too.

Having said that I would love to be a part of this GB.  :thumbsup:

yep!

Daryl J.

I like.

:cheers:  (coffee with fake cream, it's working hours)
Daryl J.

Taiidantomcat

Excellent! Begin Operation Desert Spam!!:

;D

ChernayaAkula

Spam away!

:lol:

Come on, Trumpeter, a 1/144 kit of the Be-12, yeah?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 08, 2010, 07:46:31 AM
Had an inspiration...... How about 'SONS OF THE DESERT' GB ??

Ian

I now have a vision of a Spitfire and Hurricane marked up as Stan and Ollie  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat