Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

And here it is in all it's glory-

(Full rez here)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Jesse220

Quote from: scooter on July 08, 2015, 10:09:48 AM
And here it is in all it's glory-

(Full rez here)

That is a futuristic Attacker I've ever seen

ericr

puts airliners in perspectives ... I am looking for a plastic banana for my stash

ericr

I like these ones too : Pawel Kuczynski is the author

Captain Canada

Love that A-10 ! There is another one out there as well, I have it saved somewhere....I think it was from Deviantart.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Maybe this one? Looks beefy, too!

Jesse220

The new A-10 Looks stealthy

Dizzyfugu

Not a whif in the local sense, but imagine a new definition of ecomony air travel...  :-X

More here - it's serious, it's even got a patent!  :-\

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/9/8924271/only-heartless-creatures-can-design-planes-like-this

PR19_Kit

Don't let anyone at Ryanair see that!  :o

Some BA Tridents had their forward four rows of seats facing aft for some reason, and those in the know always chose row 4 or 5 because you'd end up facing an opposing seat row but with much more legroom than normal.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

BAC 1-11s also had a set row facing backwards - IIRC it was at the emergency exits over the wings, offering more space for escapees. Sat there once when I flew with Dan Air to Gatwick, many years ago...

scooter

It's bad enough there isn't enough space to stretch out.  That seat plan would make trans-Atlantic and trans Paccing untenable in cattle class
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

And zero personal space and all of the inherent problems/ altercations that would ensue.... :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2015, 04:36:55 AM
Don't let anyone at Ryanair see that!  :o

I once read that Ryan Air actually considered allowing standing ? Now I always thought that was a Red Top "silly season special" but have never seen anything definitive either way  :blink: Perhaps "our" man at the CAA knows ?

As for rearward facing seats. Apparently they are far safer in a collision (obviously not from a great height  :rolleyes:) but customers don't like the idea at all. It's never bothered me, but I had a Director (he would insist on the capital  ;D) who couldn't face backwards on any mode of travel. He even went so far as to insist on getting a latter train from Doncaster because he couldn't get the seat he wanted in first ! And yes he was a bit of a one, nice guy but brought up in "colonial conditions" at the end of Empire  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 10, 2015, 05:09:39 AM
BAC 1-11s also had a set row facing backwards - IIRC it was at the emergency exits over the wings, offering more space for escapees. Sat there once when I flew with Dan Air to Gatwick, many years ago...

That may have been a Dan Air special fit, the BA Super 1-11s that replaced the Tridents on the internal German routes were all forward facing, but with damn all leg room of course!

RAF Transports had rearward facing seats for YEARS, even up to the VC10s, but the Tri-Stars kept the same configuration as when BA and Pan Am had them. I bet the current Voyagers are forward facing too but I've not seen a pic of the inside of on e as yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud

As a young airman being trained I asked the sgt instructor why the seat on vc10's faced rearwards, apparently it is safer in case of an accident on landing or under carriage related. But civvy airlines won't do it cos it upsets the punters and they are in charge of civil airlines in reality.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!