Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2015, 08:42:36 AM

RAF Transports had rearward facing seats for YEARS, even up to the VC10s, but the Tri-Stars kept the same configuration as when BA and Pan Am had them. I bet the current Voyagers are forward facing too but I've not seen a pic of the inside of on e as yet.

Same with USAF transports (especially with the palletized seats), for the same reason- crash survivability
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madoc

As far as that patented seating split arrangement goes, it looks like you'd have more room, not less.  Yes, you'd always be facing someone else but they couldn't be watching whatever you had in front of you so that's a plus.

Now, getting out of your seat however, that looks like a real chore.
Wherever you go, there you are!

scooter

Quote from: Madoc on July 10, 2015, 12:24:24 PM

Definitely won't pass muster in an evacuation.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: Madoc on July 10, 2015, 12:24:24 PM
As far as that patented seating split arrangement goes, it looks like you'd have more room, not less.  Yes, you'd always be facing someone else but they couldn't be watching whatever you had in front of you so that's a plus.

However, it does make it easier to punch that annoying neighbour in the face. :wacko:

With a rearward facing seat would it not feel like you were falling out of the seat on take off and initial climb?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2015, 09:48:36 PM

With a rearward facing seat would it not feel like you were falling out of the seat on take off and initial climb?

Yes it did, specially aboard a Trident trying to get out of Templehof.  :o

Tridents may have been termed 'Grippers' while on the ground but once they went wheels-up they climbed like CRAZY!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2015, 08:27:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2015, 09:48:36 PM

Yes it did, specially aboard a Trident trying to get out of Templehof.  :o

Tridents may have been termed 'Grippers' while on the ground but once they went wheels-up they climbed like CRAZY!

I flew in Tridents a couple of times between Heathrow and Dublin. I used to love the take off angle; no one else in my family did though!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

The only airliner I flew in that climbed steeper than a Trident was a DC9-20. That was the SAS 'hot rod' with the short -15 fuselage and -30 wings and engines. I think they only recruited ex-Draken pilots for them.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2015, 04:03:02 PM
The only airliner I flew in that climbed steeper than a Trident was a DC9-20. That was the SAS 'hot rod' with the short -15 fuselage and -30 wings and engines. I think they only recruited ex-Draken pilots for them.  ;D

Always took me by surprise when you were used to larger jets. You'd look out the window and think " S++T, we're stalling".

kitnut617

Quote from: Librarian on July 12, 2015, 04:18:46 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2015, 04:03:02 PM

Always took me by surprise when you were used to larger jets. You'd look out the window and think " S++T, we're stalling".

You should see the aircraft climbing out of YYC these days, the communities around the airport have been complaining to the city council about the noise so airlines have been directed to get to 1000 feet after take-off before they get to the end of the airport property.  Seen some pretty impressive take-offs lately, especially the Atlas Air Cargo 747 ------  :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Excellent stuff.....sounds like fun !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: scooter on July 10, 2015, 09:48:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2015, 08:42:36 AM

RAF Transports had rearward facing seats for YEARS, even up to the VC10s, but the Tri-Stars kept the same configuration as when BA and Pan Am had them. I bet the current Voyagers are forward facing too but I've not seen a pic of the inside of on e as yet.

Same with USAF transports (especially with the palletized seats), for the same reason- crash survivability

C-5 has a bunch of rear facing seats above the cargo area and behind the wing. Flew from Hawaii to Thailand that way. Was I ever glad to get off!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 12, 2015, 06:32:24 AMYou should see the aircraft climbing out of YYC these days, the communities around the airport have been complaining to the city council about the noise so airlines have been directed to get to 1000 feet after take-off before they get to the end of the airport property.  Seen some pretty impressive take-offs lately, especially the Atlas Air Cargo 747 ------  :o

Just took a virtual drive around that area, and all the homes look fairly new, as if those residential areas were built in the last couple of decades. Are you trying to tell us that: 1) some 'urban planner' would allow homes to be built in close proximity to an airport, and 2), that people would purchase those homes and move in without realising that they were close to an airport that would be noisy, and 3) when they heard noise they would start complaining about an airport that was there since 1938?

Nah, we ain't buyin' it, pull the other one!  :rolleyes:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

An interesting concept, basically the bash of a Heller Saab 21 with parts from an Airfix P-38 - and no idea where the resin outer wings come from?

Found here: http://s456.photobucket.com/user/Orsobear/media/Flyg/j21d_5.jpg.html

JayBee

....and the model now appears to be finished. (from the same web site)

The modellers appears to be Swedish with his sign in name on photobucket being Orsobear.
His real name is Boern Baecklund.
Within Photobucket he has a lot of interesting models including a Swedish Mig-15, and East German and USAF Saab J-29's.
If anyone knows how to contact someone on Photobucket it would be a great help as he should be invited here.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

That Swedish kitbash looks exceptionally plausible  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.