Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Very cool. Hey, if they made those low observable Blackhawks then why not the Chinook !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 21, 2016, 03:07:58 PM
Very cool. Hey, if they made those low observable Blackhawks then why not the Chinook !

That'd be like trying to build a stealth 50' ISO  container!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Not a whif, but something to think about...

A prototype developed for the U.S. Army to test various ideas and components for future heavy lift helicopters. This one even had a retractable, rearwards-facing pilot cabin under the fuselage:

Vorcha

an "1/72 E-75 128MM PAK 44 ZWILLING" at www.black-knight-studios.co.uk
looks like an awesome amount of shots per minute...

i don't know if this is really a whif, but I can't find anything about it other than the site where it is sold at 99 pounds...
paper boy

Dizzyfugu

This is a whif, and it certainly makes no sense.  ;)

Ever wondered where the gun crew is supposed to stand or operate this thing?

Vorcha

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 22, 2016, 05:05:41 AM
This is a whif, and it certainly makes no sense.  ;)

Ever wondered where the gun crew is supposed to stand or operate this thing?

it looks impressive though... an enemy tank under cover would see a shot hitting and the commander would calculate a long reload time - come out of cover to take a shot at the Spg and be immediately shot by the second barrel...
...as for the crew, a large platform could be positioned under the guns...  :smiley:
paper boy

Captain Canada

Love that winged Chinook.  :wub:

I think there's video or at least sound bites of it on youtube.....off I go to look, see you in a few hours lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

"WE ALL LIVE IN A...WHATIF SUBMARINE,
WHATIF SUBMARINE, WHATIF SUBMARINE...
Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker, full speed ahead!"

From this blog.

Dizzyfugu

Cool stuff.  :thumbsup: I am certain that the main propellers are even motorized - those things remind me a lot of the USB-driven fan that I use on my PC during summertime...

Captain Canada

That is wild ! There certainly is some imagination out there. Love the dio base.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 24, 2016, 04:01:07 AM
That is wild ! There certainly is some imagination out there. Love the dio base.:cheers:
It's in some Game Workshop store and people use it for games. So I believe all parts are properly glued/attached so they can take some action. ;)

Steel Penguin

its in an independent games store ( say so in the blog link),   the other company's games on the racks behind it, say its not GW, they haven't carried anyone else's stuff since the late 80s/ early 90s. :( 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

CANSO

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 24, 2016, 12:31:32 PM
its in an independent games store ( say so in the blog link),   the other company's games on the racks behind it, say its not GW, they haven't carried anyone else's stuff since the late 80s/ early 90s. :( 
I apologize for the misunderstanding - I'm not a gamer and I used (obviously wrong :banghead:) "Game Workshop" as a generic description of a store/place for games and miniatures. I can't make any difference between those games. I'm sorry!

Steel Penguin

no problem,  its one of the problems, a lot of non gamers only ever see GW, and think its the entire hobby,  they only have 3 game lines at the moment, and there are hundreds of others.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

GW = evil.

Independent store = good guys.  ;)