Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Interestingly, I used a good portion of a Mig-31 on my Super Arrow

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

I'm not a fan of grey on grey camouflage and toned down markings but have to admit that RCAF whatever it is does suit them  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Love the look of that big Mig !

And thanks for the car art. Love the guy ordering the girls into the back !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Space Fighter (?) posted on Twitter. Website it's from's in foreign, so I can't tell you any more I'm afraid:

EDIT: many thanks to Prez Cannady (the Tweeter) for the info that it's from a manga/anime called "Moonlight Mile".

More pics from the source here: http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo_detail.php?lid=16504&index=1&issp=0

Tweet here: https://twitter.com/prezcannady/status/741089109301727232
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

bearmatt

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 26, 2016, 08:08:58 AM
A pretty RC F-100D:

Is it just me, or does that tail(pipe) look like a R2D2....?!  :wacko:
The carpet monster took it!

Dizzyfugu

Maybe the question should be posted the other way around: who knows what inspured R2-D2's design, and from what was the droid built...?

Captain Canada

The Spacy is pretty cool but that RF-100 is just gorgeous ! Would love to get into RC some day

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Quote from: Weaver on April 26, 2016, 10:46:22 AM
Models of futuristic car/truck/helicopter/spaceship(?) concepts by Charles Burki, an artist who worked for DAF. I presume these are in the DAF museum, but alas the website isn't in English.

Not the DAF museum, but an art gallery in Eindhoven. His job at DAF was making illustrations for adverts.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Looks like Cylons driving that bus

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

"Somewhere, in the British steppe.."

NARSES2

That cat's expression is pure "Oh the indignity, the things I do for a tin of Whiskers"  ;D Other brands of cat food are available  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.