Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on September 03, 2016, 12:10:21 AM
Did he use a B-29 nose for it?

Looks like it. It certainly looks of the period, lovely model
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Heh, nice. :thumbsup:

Now I want to see a 1930s one, in red and yellow with:

Open-girder 'mandibles' (they're supposed to be loading arms so they might take dockyards cranes as inspiration)

Framed plexiglass dome-shaped gun turrets

Loads of circular exhaust nozzles around the back end

Big 'submarine hatches' with handwheels on the docking rings
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ericr

incredible !

having a nose making an angle with the fuselage gives me ideas ...

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

That's an interesting mix of periods, what with 30's looking turrets and the missiles. I think the turrets need to be pushed down a tad however. Mind you they could be crewed by midgets or very, very skinny crew
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Another interesting detail is the Volkswagen Iltis class offroader/scout car on the right...?  :o

That would suggest, with the CN wagon in the backgorudn, too, that this, err, weapon system belongs to the Canadian Army (they operated the Iltis, built by Bombardier).

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

Captain Canada

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 07, 2016, 06:04:19 AM
That's an interesting mix of periods, what with 30's looking turrets and the missiles. I think the turrets need to be pushed down a tad however. Mind you they could be crewed by midgets or very, very skinny crew

Quote from the site :

and this scratchbuilt HOSMTDV (HO Scale Military Train Defender Vehicle) ready to bring its curiously threatening mix of half-track 50 cal. machine guns, APC turret guns and Sea Sparrow missiles to bear on any security threats along the line. Hell on rails!
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Librarian

Always thought the F-16 looked very much like an advanced F-104....the XL is starting to look like an advanced Draken ;)

Captain Canada

That F-16 sure does look good ! I love the weapons mix.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Amazing work....   thanks for sharing.
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Not a whif, rather an experiment in Vienna, but...  :lol:

zenrat

Lose the horses and mid mount a V8 and you've have a nice show rod along the lines of the Boothill Express.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?