Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

My Brother built the Monogram kit of the Boothill Express, nice kit as far as I remember. Think it came with a skeleton in a Stetson?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 09, 2016, 01:11:43 AM
Not a whif, rather an experiment in Vienna, but...  :lol:

But do they fit louder exhausts on them, too, & does it make them go faster? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 10, 2016, 02:49:42 AM
But do they fit louder exhausts on them, too, & does it make them go faster? :unsure:

Why do you think the driver isn't smiling... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2016, 03:11:18 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 10, 2016, 02:49:42 AM

Why do you think the driver isn't smiling... ;D

My thoughts exactly  ;D Some cities around the world make their carriage horses wear "nappies". That's got to get interesting for the driver after a long day  :angel:

London doesn't allow horse drawn carriages for public hire as such (if it does I can't think where) so it's private hire for a wedding or such like or State occasions and then the parade is followed by a little council electric road sweeper clearing up the mess. Used to watch it going up the Mall every morning at 10:00 following the Household Cavalry on their way to Horseguards  ;D Always struck me as odd that the Cavalry always had a couple of coppers (usually WPC's) following on to "protect" them  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

If you take Bernard Cornwell's view of cavalry from the Sharpe books then you might suspect the coppers were probably there to direct the gentlemen when they got lost.

There are horse carriages for public hire in Melbourne.  You can do a "romantic scenic ride" round the city but there are always protests against them on animal welfare grounds.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2016, 05:40:01 AM
There are horse carriages for public hire in Melbourne.  You can do a "romantic scenic ride" round the city but there are always protests against them on animal welfare grounds.

S'pose you could always replace them with steam-powered taxi's & shoot them. :-\

NARSES2

That's gorgeous Logan and amazing how the change in paintwork and markings, plus the additions of the stowage box and airiels changes the entire look of the thing. She really could be a British design
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 13, 2016, 01:07:19 AM
That's gorgeous Logan and amazing how the change in paintwork and markings, plus the additions of the stowage box and airiels changes the entire look of the thing. She really could be a British design

+1

Good find! :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

That looks interesting, and not really out of place. But, IMHO, for a convincing British look the T-34 would need tons of rivets everywhere?

Cool find!  :thumbsup:

loupgarou

I wonder how long it took for some rivet-counters at the show to realize the truth!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

I wouldn't have noticed ! Sure looks good tho ! Are there other whiffs in that link ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 13, 2016, 05:15:50 AM
I wouldn't have noticed ! Sure looks good tho ! Are there other whiffs in that link ?

:wub:

There's a low-viz Saab 38 (looks like a 1:48 model) lurking in the background of one pic...  :o

Dizzyfugu

Besides, I stumbled across this Swedish mini A-10 on a Hungarian website, maybe as an alternative to the Saab 38?

Looks like a scale-o-rama-ed RC A-10 with wingtip launhc rails? Nice idea, though.  ;D

Found here:

http://www.jetfly.hu/regi-jetfly/9795-a-hianyzo-lancszem---a-viggen-es-a-gripen-kozott-saab-38-b3la