Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2016, 02:48:10 PM
Quote from: Snowtrooper on December 28, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

115 Spitfires? There might be someone right on this forum going to surpass that! ;D

He already has, WELL past 115 IIRC.

I must admit the last time I went to the Tyneside show his table of WIF Spitfires was both stunning and staggering and only part of the collection.

Here's the Spitfire table at said show

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Stumbled across this by pure dumb luck as I was doing research for a future Mordi Alon Avia S.199 build. 

Looks like the same Bonanza I built here (Arii) but certainly a different paint scheme!

I found it on "Karl's Models" website.  http://www.vonhoffmann.org/bonanza_bomber.html

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

That Seaking/Glaug/whatever submarine (lower right) is cool. Thanks a lot for posting these!  :lol:

Captain Canada

Great finds guys ! Love the undersea stuff, and the collection, that is huge ! The last one looks like the camo was appled by a mop lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 06, 2017, 10:19:44 AM
Great finds guys ! Love the undersea stuff, and the collection, that is huge ! The last one looks like the camo was appled by a mop lol

Looks like they applied them windows with a mop, too, but I sure like it!  ;D ;D Eye catching and pretty strange for sure...  it actually makes sense in a way considering 1948 and on early IAF trying desperately to get their hands on anything to fly.
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 29, 2016, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2016, 02:48:10 PM
Quote from: Snowtrooper on December 28, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

115 Spitfires? There might be someone right on this forum going to surpass that! ;D

He already has, WELL past 115 IIRC.

I must admit the last time I went to the Tyneside show his table of WIF Spitfires was both stunning and staggering and only part of the collection.

Here's the Spitfire table at said show

Not one to boast and I don't have the exact number but probably closer to 300.  Certainly over 250. 

Just finished another four a few days back.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Came across this neat Hummer concept:

kerick

That looks very buildable! A good use for the Italeri kit
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Wow ! Is that ever cool ! I'd move the leg joints closer to the wheel wells tho, make them have a purpose.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

I hope they repowered it.  That 6.2L Detroit Diesel (even turbo'd) has problems accelerating a Humvee
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

nighthunter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 10, 2017, 07:32:32 AM
Came across this neat Hummer concept:

C'mon Thomas, build it! Lol
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

i've got something similar involving a Bren Gun Carrier and Gundam parts which i've abandoned.
Maybe i'll rip it apart and start again with a small car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on January 12, 2017, 01:34:13 AM
i've got something similar involving a Bren Gun Carrier and Gundam parts which i've abandoned.

An Isetta or perhaps a Fiat 500?  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 14, 2017, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 12, 2017, 01:34:13 AM

An Isetta or perhaps a Fiat 500?  ;D

They would be a good basis.  As would a Mini.  However i have none in my stash.  I do have a number of smallish Japanese cars but i'm thinking maybe go the other way and use something like an Edsel...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..