Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled upon this neat and rather elegant turbopropped Connie:

NARSES2

Looks a natural progression
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Only the paint scheme is a what-if, two L1249 Super Constellation were built, a USN R7V-2 and
a USAF YC-121F.

CANSO

Another crazy kitbash from the type and style I really love:

Found here.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 24, 2018, 11:15:32 AM
Only the paint scheme is a what-if, two L1249 Super Constellation were built, a USN R7V-2 and
a USAF YC-121F.

Cheers Jon, yet again something new learnt  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AS.12

One gotcha with the Lockheed 1249 ( the Turbo-Constellation ) is that the span was cropped to 117ft because it was expected to always mount tip-tanks; even with those its range fell slightly short of the R3350 models.

There were also the 1449 and 1549 proposals with resesigned airframe and wings and the same PT-2 / T34 engines.  Untypically for Lockheed however they chickened-out and re-engined the 1449 with pistons as the 1649 Starliner.  The 1549 had a 108-inch stretch but wasn't built in any form.

Dizzyfugu

Came across this (virtually) modified Nakajima Kikka:

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 03, 2018, 07:50:25 AM
Came across this (virtually) modified Nakajima Kikka:
I'm pretty sure he is member here. (Hasn't posted in the last few months?)

His gallery on Deviantart is always worth a visit: https://bispro.deviantart.com/gallery/24200217/Aviation

PR19_Kit

Yes, Stephane used to be a regular on here, but left after the Great Copyright Crisis.

I miss his superb work, but at least we can still see it on his site.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ms Modeller

Quote from: Medjoe on October 18, 2017, 06:32:18 PM
Chris,
There was someone in the modelmaking subreddit that did an Arrow in modern lo-vis scheme (maybe a bit of artistic liberty on the tail :) ), looks quite neat:
https://msmodeller.com/2017/03/09/hobbycraft-172-avro-canada-arrow/

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2017, 06:57:51 PM
That is very cool!  ^

I love the artistic take on the tail... them maple leaves!!  :wub: :wub: He turned a bad situation into a good one and also provided some asymmetry which is cool from time to time.  ;D

Hey all!

Literally joined here to say thanks for the nice comments on my Arrow model! It's one of my favourite models I've ever made, and it's nice to see these comments - especially since I know I'm not the best modeller in the world!

Also, she not he  ;) One of them rare types in the modelling world  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard  :thumbsup:

We'll have to start watching our "P's" and "Q's"  ;)

Female modeller's are not such a rarity anymore I think, at least not in the U.K.  You tend to see a lot more both behind the stands at shows and in the visiting public. They also seem to be participating rather than just accompanying.

All the better for the hobby in my view.

Rheged

Welcome to Whiffworld!  We are "mostly harmless"  but do beware of soaring flights of imagination and passing paradoxes/anachronisms.  I look forward to further models.....I like the Arrow!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Ms Modeller on February 12, 2018, 12:52:46 PM
Quote from: Medjoe on October 18, 2017, 06:32:18 PM
Chris,
There was someone in the modelmaking subreddit that did an Arrow in modern lo-vis scheme (maybe a bit of artistic liberty on the tail :) ), looks quite neat:
https://msmodeller.com/2017/03/09/hobbycraft-172-avro-canada-arrow/

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2017, 06:57:51 PM
That is very cool!  ^

I love the artistic take on the tail... them maple leaves!!  :wub: :wub: He turned a bad situation into a good one and also provided some asymmetry which is cool from time to time.  ;D

Hey all!

Literally joined here to say thanks for the nice comments on my Arrow model! It's one of my favourite models I've ever made, and it's nice to see these comments - especially since I know I'm not the best modeller in the world!

Also, she not he  ;) One of them rare types in the modelling world  :thumbsup:

Oi!!!   My bad, mate!!   ;D I typically guess at things like that knowing that most of us are dudes. It's just the way it is.. mainly a male hobby. Although, I know of more than just a few lady modellers. Karen, for example. I believe you two know each other, so there's two right there right off the bat. I know others!  But anyway...  I've since became more familiar with you thanks to a video or two (one of which is here somewheres about...) and some stuff I saw on facebook. Hell of a coincidence... I sent you a friend request just a couple days ago so look for Brad Myers on there.

That said, welcome and drag up a chair and get to posting!  :wacko:  There's a blog section, even, so you can start your own 'chronicles' so that 500 years from now historians will have something to read.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Zero-Sen

Quote from: Zero-Sen on October 05, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 04, 2017, 08:42:19 AM
I suppose you could sacrifice a Berkut kit though.
A kit or two! I remember doing a Sea Witch a whif version of Stephane's Sea Devil with tandem backward-swept wings and twin tails (ala Hawker P1214).
Here she is...

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 13, 2018, 05:56:47 AM
.  I've since became more familiar with you thanks to a video or two (one of which is here somewheres about...)

It's in the good links section, Telford 2017 video, where she filmed the What-if? stand. :thumbsup:

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44565.0.html

Welcome aboard, Ms! Glad you've joined the nuthouse, nothing but good folks in here, have fun! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"