Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2018, 05:27:17 PM
Is good.
Now to find a supply of cheap Vikings to part out.

Probably be easier and cheaper to mould the engines, wouldn't it?
But then you wouldn't have all those fuselages/wings/interesting bits to use up...  ;D

zenrat

I'd also have to buy all the equipment to do it and learn how.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

True. It can be fun, though - and there are starter kits available for fairly cheap. If even I can get it pretty average, it's not that big a hurdle.

AS.12

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2018, 05:27:17 PM
Is good.
Now to find a supply of cheap Vikings to part out.

I don't know the scale of that B-66 but if it's 1:144  you could find a BAe 146 kit and steal the ALF502s off it; they'd give 14,000lb thrust in pairs vs the 10,000lb of each original J71.  Bonus points for pairing them in nacelles to use the original hardpoint!

The TF34s on that B-66 WHIF actualy give about twice the original installed thrust.

NARSES2

I do like that B-66, but my brain can not work out what my memory is telling it, it reminds me of ?

It might just be a 4 engined Viking of course, but I don't think so.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

It's the Italeri 1:72 B-66, and I guess it reminds of the BAe 146. Personally, I thought at first sight that it was an airliner conversion because of the similar frontal view.  ;)

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 27, 2018, 06:24:16 AM
Came across this neat B-66 with four S-3 engine nacelles.  :wub:

That's got me thinking about a B-47 with 4 RB-211s  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2018, 01:50:27 AM

I do like that B-66, but my brain can not work out what my memory is telling it, it reminds me of ?

A 4 engined Skywarrior?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Reminds me of ericrs banana planes.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

Weaver

Interesting Skyvan seen at the Lancing Model Show and posted on Twitter by CJHM here: https://twitter.com/cjhm_models/status/995283630778998784

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ericr

Quote from: Weaver on May 13, 2018, 03:52:39 AM
Interesting Skyvan seen at the Lancing Model Show and posted on Twitter by CJHM here: https://twitter.com/cjhm_models/status/995283630778998784

stunning !

TheChronicOne

Great find!! That is too cool.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

That's cool! One of the few times I like that grey scheme is when it's on old-school stuff.    :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-