Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2019, 10:30:01 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 04, 2019, 04:19:14 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2019, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: Doug K on August 03, 2019, 12:25:04 PM

There is a potential business opportunity in chrome pipes for Tesla's.... 😉

And V8 sound tracks played through BIG speakers?  ;)

Sometimes it's harder to make a joke than it seems: this has been seriously discussed as a safety feature for electric cars so that pedestrians notice them...

And so it should do, the darn things are so quiet at street speeds that they ARE dangerous to pedestrians.
Whatever you do, somebody is always complaining. Make a noise: somebody complains. Don't make a noise: somebody complains.

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on August 04, 2019, 06:16:17 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2019, 04:31:22 AM

However, having said that the standard of driving on Australian roads is getting worse and I have noticed that overall drivers are getting more and more aggressive and arrogant.

I've been noticing that as well here in NJ.  I'm thinking its a "generational" thing.

We're getting old maybe?

Nah.  Never happen...  ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Henry made a nice statement in a press conference a while ago: "Did you ever mention that anyone driving round you, who is slower than you, is an idiot, while anyboby driving faster is a maniac?".

Not much has changed since then...  :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 06, 2019, 01:22:34 AM
Henry made a nice statement in a press conference a while ago: "Did you ever mention that anyone driving round you, who is slower than you, is an idiot, while anyboby driving faster is a maniac?".

Not much has changed since then...  :rolleyes:

Jerry Seinfeld had a whole comedy routine about just that!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I admire the work, but do find it a little creepy for some reason ? Must be because I watched Van Hesling the other night ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's the next logical step from my Magpie painted Wyvern.  Now where's that Trumpeter Sea Fury...
Fred

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 09, 2019, 05:44:00 AM
I admire the work, but do find it a little creepy for some reason ? Must be because I watched Van Hesling the other night ?

Yeees. I too find it disturbing.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

perttime

But is it completely CGI, or is there an original photo somewhere?

Weaver

Okay, so we've seen jet hoverbikes before, but how about a vintage jet hoverbike?

On Pinterest here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/262475484508525748/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That came straight from Tophe's sketch book I reckon.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit