Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I found this while looking at Seafires.  Hope it's not already been posted.

https://imodeler.com/2014/02/supermarine-seafire-mk47-ww2-1939-1947/

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Found on the ArtScaleKit site from their weekly email to me.

Produced by the 'Amusing Hobby' people  ;D it's a 'Whiff in a box' apparently, but looks pretty realistic to me. It seems it was invented by the 'World of Tanks' game guys, and has made into real hardware, albeit in 1/35 scale.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2020, 05:39:55 AM
Found on the ArtScaleKit site from their weekly email to me.

Produced by the 'Amusing Hobby' people  ;D it's a 'Whiff in a box' apparently, but looks pretty realistic to me. It seems it was invented by the 'World of Tanks' game guys, and has made into real hardware, albeit in 1/35 scale.  ;D

Oh I don't know Kit. Wikepidea says the FV 217 was  a "Conqueror Casement Test Rig 120mm SPG - project cancelled" and that does look the part.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 12, 2020, 09:28:11 AM

Oh I don't know Kit. Wikepidea says the FV 217 was  a "Conqueror Casement Test Rig 120mm SPG - project cancelled" and that does look the part.

I didn't manage to find that link, darn it.

I sure looks a pretty heavy duty machine!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

World of Tanks do try to keep to RW vehicles but, for the sake of balance & playability of the game, they do delve into cancelled projects &, after them, paper projects to keep development lines compatible.

Amusing Hobby seem to have moved into cancelled projects for inspiration for new models as they also produce the Jagdpanzer 38(D) (a simplified version of the Jagdpanzer 38(t), a.k.a. "Hetzer") & the Panzerkampfwagen 38(D) (a similarly simplified version of the Panzerkampfwagen 38(t)), which were to be built in Germany (using tooling taken from Czechoslovakia & German technical improvements) but which were never started due to the end of the war.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2020, 10:00:41 AM
World of Tanks do try to keep to RW vehicles but, for the sake of balance & playability of the game, they do delve into cancelled projects &, after them, paper projects to keep development lines compatible.

And I'm one of those fools who loves his TOG II*
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

When I saw that Amusing Hobby FV 217 a couple of weeks ago my first thought was if it was based on the Conqueror which had a 120mm gun wouldn't it have had a larger calibre gun ? Or perhaps there simply wasn't one ? None the less I do like the look of it  :thumbsup:

Amusing Hobby seem to have moved into cancelled projects for inspiration for new models as they also produce the Jagdpanzer 38(D) (a simplified version of the Jagdpanzer 38(t), a.k.a. "Hetzer") & the Panzerkampfwagen 38(D) (a similarly simplified version of the Panzerkampfwagen 38(t)), which were to be built in Germany (using tooling taken from Czechoslovakia & German technical improvements) but which were never started due to the end of the war.

I liked the look of that as well, but then I've always been a bit of a sucker for the Panzer 38 and its offspring.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2020, 05:59:43 AM
When I saw that Amusing Hobby FV 217 a couple of weeks ago my first thought was if it was based on the Conqueror which had a 120mm gun wouldn't it have had a larger calibre gun ? Or perhaps there simply wasn't one ? None the less I do like the look of it  :thumbsup:

I liked the look of that as well, but then I've always been a bit of a sucker for the Panzer 38 and its offspring.

I have one of each in the stash. ;D

I'm contemplating doing them as either;
1) Czech military in the immediate post-War period; or
2) Czech-supplied Israeli in the 1948/1955-ish period.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 13, 2020, 07:45:34 AM

What's the track construction method on them Mr Wombat ? I'm tempted by the 38 but I can't deal with individual link and length. Whoever invented that method should be taken out and ......................... :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2020, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 13, 2020, 07:45:34 AM

What's the track construction method on them Mr Wombat ? I'm tempted by the 38 but I can't deal with individual link and length. Whoever invented that method should be taken out and ......................... :banghead:

Just checked the Jagdpanzer .................................. Individual link & they are small links. :-\ :banghead:

NARSES2

Ah, that's a shame.

Thanks for checking  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Alex Jay Brady on Twitter again, this time with a 'Blockade Runner' (no more explanation offered). Look buildable starting with two F1 cars or dragster kits for the running gear:

Tweet: https://twitter.com/AlexJayBrady/status/1287398076265750528?s=20

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Interesting shape. Does he say where the engine goes?

It looks as if the only space is transversely behind the driver.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Jet engine in the back, Kit. You can see the exhaust protruding between the tops of the rear sets of tyres.

Actually, it has a bit of a Christian Bale era "Tumbler" Batmobile look to it, especially the rear.