Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

That SAAB render has nothing to do with the actual A-36 project, it's fictional art by Rasmus Poulsen.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6wLyW

Windtunnel model of one of the early actual configurations:

As the project moved forward everything started to change and the likely production
aircraft was going to look a lot different.

chrisonord

That last picture of the A-36 looks  very familiar and British.  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Nice Douglas Skyshark whif posted on Twitter (with more pics) by @fzr_arakan here: https://twitter.com/fzr_araken/status/1357310799505547264?s=20

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I like the Skyshark  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2021, 02:32:36 PM

It sure does look good though. Maybe someone should send the link to Anigrand as well.......  :o

Certainly something you could see them doing
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

That skyshark is very  nice  :thumbsup:
In uk service  it could be  licence built by Fairey  and be a ship borne  attack aircraft...hmm ideas  :wacko:
Chris

Old Wombat

Douglas Skyshark & Westland Wyvern operating side-by-side in Vietnam? ;) :thumbsup:

USAF & RAAF? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

And why not? They're birds of a similar feather after all.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

That skyshark has  got me thinking about  a couple  more gannet/skyraider kit bashes, and I am  sure i can for them into a  navy  colour scheme  :wacko:
Chris

Dizzyfugu

I just stumbled - out of this context - across a French Skyraider and wondered about a Herc turboprop engine as a late service extension update.

bluedonkey99

Quote from: 63cpe on February 03, 2021, 12:04:05 AM
While contemplating on the junkers G.38 and doing a whiffy with the fuselage (upside down) i found this:

Now I know Junkers did the "Ente" with Reissner and the Focke Wulf F.19 Ente, but i didn't know the basic design was stretched into this behemoth.

David aka 63cpe

Unicraft (so you know what to expect) also did a version in 1/144  Junkers J.1000 "Giant Junkers Project". Its still on his catalogue page, but the item page has dropped off.
http://www.unicraft.biz/uniavail.htm#144kits

chrisonord

With the exception of Tophe, I  think everyone here runs and hides behind the couch  when the word "Unicraft " is mentioned  ;D
That sounds like a good plan Thomas, a modernized skyraider makes for  a good cut price  addition to  anyone who needs to keep the scurry of enemy  ground forces  of their lawn. I  have done one with a Gannett  engine prop and wings, but with the standard wings and a never  proven engine  as the ones  used on the Hercules, would  be quite a  formidable piece of kit.
Chris

Doug K

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 04, 2021, 07:16:17 PM
Douglas Skyshark & Westland Wyvern operating side-by-side in Vietnam? ;) :thumbsup:

USAF & RAAF? :unsure:

Just what I was thinking, I have the RAN Wyvern from last year 😉

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on February 05, 2021, 07:38:41 AM
With the exception of Tophe, I  think everyone here runs and hides behind the couch  when the word "Unicraft " is mentioned  ;D

;D ;D Must admit I've a dozen or so in the stash, but do have to be in the absolutely perfect mood before I tackle one, and often just opening the box can destroy that perfect mood  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice. The Skyshark is one of the coolest machines I've ever seen.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones