Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

ericr

quite close (w.r.t. color, and car type ) :

Tophe

Wow! Good imagination! till RW copied it... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Good also! :thumbsup:
While... maybe the single-seat Mini was even more crazy! ;)

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Give it a better track system & that green Beetle is awesome ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

There is this too, in the Stettin technical museum. With parts from the Fiat 126.

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

I saw a vid on youtube in that mini..it was built in OZ ..has a pretty cool history  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Weaver

A 1:1 scale Whiff, the De Havilland Vennet Mk.II:

"DH Vennet Mk II. It could just as easily been called a "Gannom" as the name derived from the mixture of Venom and Gannet used to build it. The "Vennet" was contrived by engineers of No.12 Hangar at Abbotsinch for Navy Day 1961. The conversion involved an old Sea Venom with its tail booms and tip tanks removed and  a pair of Gannet rudders fixed to the boom attachment points. A "supersonic" pitot nose intake and two pipe-derived fake missiles were added to match. On Navy Day, "Vennet" reached 90kts. on the runway, its tired Ghost engine generating lots of noise and fun."

Posted on Twitter by Chris Bolton here: https://twitter.com/CcibChris/status/1507709070970601474?s=20&t=pD0aQx55Lst7Oj3Tfvh6DA
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

PR19_Kit

The H&Ss would go BANANAS if anyone did that today.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Beautiful battleship model by Satoshi Araki that takes the 'pagoda superstructure' idea to it's logical extreme... ;D :thumbsup: :wub:

That's all the detail I have, I'm afraid. Posted on Twitter by Mothra P.I. here: https://twitter.com/Hardywolf359/status/1514935626864410624?s=20&t=HR-5onln62OSZ2uMRkjBWw

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on April 15, 2022, 10:19:25 AM
Beautiful battleship model by Satoshi Araki that takes the 'pagoda superstructure' idea to it's logical extreme... ;D :thumbsup: :wub:

That's all the detail I have, I'm afraid. Posted on Twitter by Mothra P.I. here: https://twitter.com/Hardywolf359/status/1514935626864410624?s=20&t=HR-5onln62OSZ2uMRkjBWw

Waterworld if directed by Akira Kurosawa
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng