Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Veeeery interesting!  ;D

With Jennings' usual pin point 'accuracy' the back story follows the operational history of the Harrier in many ways, but without the VTOL bit. Excellent stuff.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

lancer

Jennings was pretty dann good at this sort of thing. If I remember rightly, he did this series 4 or 5 years ago.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on August 29, 2013, 01:08:23 PM
Jennings was pretty dann good at this sort of thing. If I remember rightly, he did this series 4 or 5 years ago.

Not to mention being a terrific decal producer as well. I have quite a few of his civil output in 1/144.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

It's an excellent piece of work isn't it?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

An obscure point about that A-4 FAA history is that I am surprised that the FAA didn't adopt the A-4G upgrade which allowed Sidewinders to be carried on all four of the underwing hard points.  All other versions of the A-4 could only carry two Sidewinders.  Apart from that, it's well written and illustrated.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Wonder if there was enough room to put SHAR-like twin Sidewinder rails on the outboard pylons? They're rated at 1000lb, so weight shouldn't be an issue. Of course, if we'd produced Taildog/SRAAM.......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2013, 01:40:45 AM
Of course, if we'd produced Taildog/SRAAM.......

This is WhiffWorld, and we DID produce the Taildog/SRAAM..........  ;) ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The search tool here found nothing for "Airbus 1200" so it seems this has not been presented yet:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

Quote from: Tophe on September 07, 2013, 07:12:58 AM
The search tool here found nothing for "Airbus 1200" so it seems this has not been presented yet:

Wait, wouldn't that be an Airbus 680 then?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng