Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on May 02, 2011, 09:28:09 PM
Just been directed to an excellent web comic called Freak Angels - sort of a post-apocalyptic steampunk style thang. Havn't read even 1% of it yet, but it seems to have some nifty modelling possibilities:

the sad thing about Freak Angels is that it is now finished......enjoyed it whilst it was being done, first port of call on a friday when i logged on for the first time.........didnt like the ending im afraid  :angry:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Quote from: beowulf on October 28, 2011, 12:19:03 PM
Quote from: Weaver on May 02, 2011, 09:28:09 PM
Just been directed to an excellent web comic called Freak Angels - sort of a post-apocalyptic steampunk style thang. Havn't read even 1% of it yet, but it seems to have some nifty modelling possibilities:

the sad thing about Freak Angels is that it is now finished......enjoyed it whilst it was being done, first port of call on a friday when i logged on for the first time.........didnt like the ending im afraid  :angry:

Didn't so much mind the ending, but what grated with me was the blatant product placement: in this "post apocalyptic" world, they're all wearing nicely screen-printed "Freak-Angels" gear that "just happens" to be the same as the stuff you can buy from the website...... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

FAR148

Pablo1965

I see the pics, WOW! completely superb.  :blink:

ChernayaAkula

Heller 1/72 SAAB J21 in Swedish Splinters!  :o More pics HERE!

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Pablo1965

It´s like the SAAB stay in service yet. :thumbsup:

martinbayer

I found this hypothetical design developed by a German model builder in the early Eighties as a speculative Grumman FSW configuration dubbed 'Rakecat':

http://www.pmcn.de/English/E-X-plane.htm

http://www.pmcn.de/MF.1/X-plane.of.htm

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

raafif

by Eck !!  that guy is good !   I really like his carrier-deck dioramas  :thumbsup:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Stargazer

That one is O-L-D !!! But it's still fantastic.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit