Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 16, 2014, 07:03:42 AM
...and not a whif, but a nice 3Sqn Battle of Britain Celebration Scheme:

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 16, 2014, 08:36:27 AM

Typhoon looks good. A little too bright tho.

:cheers:

Funnily enough I was going to say something similar ....how dare they use the incorrect paint shades, anybody would think they were doing a whiff or something! ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mr.Creak

How is it NOT a whif?
"Fictional 3 Squadron scheme" - https://www.flickr.com/photos/evansaviography/8972384616/
What if... I had a brain?

Knightflyer

Quote from: Mr.Creak on April 16, 2014, 10:37:28 AM

How is it NOT a whif?
"Fictional 3 Squadron scheme" - https://www.flickr.com/photos/evansaviography/8972384616/

I suppose Dizzyfugu's point probably is that since it is a scheme on a real aircraft it exists in the real world ....and so if you modelled it ....you'd be modelling a real world scheme ? :unsure:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

darthspud

Cheeky 3Sqn beggars nicked my whif Typhoon, I did this 6-8 months back. Can't figure how to link it on this tablet.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Mr.Creak

But it's photoshopped: not a genuine paint job.
What if... I had a brain?

lenny100

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 14, 2014, 03:52:28 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 14, 2014, 08:28:15 AM
...or this? Looks as if a Spitfire had been bolted on top of the flying boat?

That's pretty much what they did do too.

There's a good vacform available of the Seagull from Whirlykits, one of which I have in The Loft.  :thumbsup:
I have one done up as a sar aircraft,

not a bad kit but need a lot of luck to make one with the wheels down the legs snap with a breath of wind, mine now is wheels up
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Captain Canada

Beides, everybody knows you need a U after the Q in the correct spelling of QUOOT.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 16, 2014, 06:49:19 AM
Not a bad price either - Hannants is £38, so cheaper in the Ukraine by a fair old sum. But postage and possible Customs duty to be added I suppose.

Isn't the Ukraine part of the EU now? I though that was one reason for the recent unrest. If so there won't be any Customs duties.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 17, 2014, 04:56:10 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 16, 2014, 06:49:19 AM
Not a bad price either - Hannants is £38, so cheaper in the Ukraine by a fair old sum. But postage and possible Customs duty to be added I suppose.

Isn't the Ukraine part of the EU now? I though that was one reason for the recent unrest. If so there won't be any Customs duties.

Nope, not an EU member.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

famvburg

ISTR Maintrack offered a 1/72 vac of the Sea Gull. I think I have one in my stash but buried it further when the Olimp kit came out.

kitnut617

Quote from: famvburg on April 17, 2014, 06:29:14 AM
ISTR Maintrack offered a 1/72 vac of the Sea Gull. I think I have one in my stash but buried it further when the Olimp kit came out.

That is correct, I have one too.  It's also where Whirlybird got their's from only they've switched it to resin. They have done it with a number of the old Maintrack kits (which they own the moulds too)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 17, 2014, 08:43:09 AM

That is correct, I have one too.  It's also where Whirlybird got their's from only they've switched it to resin. They have done it with a number of the old Maintrack kits (which they own the moulds too)

My Whirlybird Seagul is a vacform.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 17, 2014, 08:54:28 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 17, 2014, 08:43:09 AM

My Whirlybird Seagul is a vacform.......

I think you have one of the earlier ones that Whirlybird did, right after they got hold of all the moulds Kit.  He used the Maintrack moulds as they were then and some of the old Whirlybird catalogues I have say they are vacuform.  But in a catalogue I have from 2012, it says it's resin now ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 17, 2014, 10:04:23 AM
I think you have one of the earlier ones that Whirlybird did, right after they got hold of all the moulds Kit.  He used the Maintrack moulds as they were then and some of the old Whirlybird catalogues I have say they are vacuform.  But in a catalogue I have from 2012, it says it's resin now ---

Ah interesting. My Maintrack kit is dated 2008 and is vacform. Got it at SMW when it first came out but didn't realise it was that long ago  :blink: Have to look them up next time they are a show and see what else has gone to resin.

Cheers sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks for this link to the Ju290Z model :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]