Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

So, I was looking for armor uniform ideas, when I found that tvtropes.org had this lurking within its depths-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I assume that's Patton ? I know he did design some tank corps uniforms
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

famvburg

It is and it looks like the uni that's mentioned in the movie "Patton", something like "green leather with a gold football helmet. (That would be "real football", the American kind. :) )

Go4fun

Looks like a uniform for the marching band of a really rough college!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

CANSO

I've seen photos of this Patton-designed uniform today (Patton Museum at Fort Knox):

It looks like the helmet in the original b/w photo is golden :rolleyes:, not green.

kitnut617

Quote from: famvburg on July 24, 2014, 06:50:05 AM
(That would be "real football", the American kind. :) )

How can you call it 'real football' when the only guy that kicks it is the kicker  -----  :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Just google 'foot ball hand egg' says it all  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Like rugby with padding then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2014, 10:41:13 AM

Like rugby with padding then?

Slightly more organized, plus the game stops every couple minutes. Might make it more fun to mix in some rugby rules.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Mate, any sport where you can score with the ball in your hands or with it coming off any part of your body other than the foot can't really be considered football can it?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It is and it looks like the uni that's mentioned in the movie "Patton", something like "green leather with a gold football helmet. (That would be "real football", the American kind. :) )

Thanks, thought it was, somehow just doesn't look very military ?

As for "American Football" the only thing to be said about it is that it's better then Baseball (ducks and runs  :rolleyes:) I've been to one baseball game and all I can say is that rounders is far more watchable, at least the players are prettier to start with  ;D

Why is it they have all these "World Series" in the US and they are the only ones who play in them ? Apologies to our resident Canadian's because I know they let you in some of them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2014, 06:22:26 AM

Why is it they have all these "World Series" in the US and they are the only ones who play in them ? Apologies to our resident Canadian's because I know they let you in some of them.

No idea, but at least the teams are starting to have more of an international flavor than when the major leagues started.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2014, 06:22:26 AM

Thanks, thought it was, somehow just doesn't look very military ?

As for "American Football" the only thing to be said about it is that it's better then Baseball (ducks and runs  :rolleyes:) I've been to one baseball game and all I can say is that rounders is far more watchable, at least the players are prettier to start with  ;D

I once asked my American Godfather that exact question. He said that when you live in the USA, America is the world ;D

Caveman

Was it not sponsored by a newspaper called the world?
secretprojects forum migrant

NARSES2

Quote from: Caveman on July 27, 2014, 12:31:58 AM
Was it not sponsored by a newspaper called the world?

Sounds to logical to be true  :rolleyes: