Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Are you sure the carrier is still in use? The deck appears covered with a fine layer of sand.
My hypothesis is a dried-out world, the carrier got stranded there, the crew is trying to survive, note the small patches of culture, maybe we are already at the second generation (if the crew was mixed enough  ;D )
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Found this interesting juxtaposition of HO/OO figures and "real world" objects on ifunny this afternoon
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

bobbo

dumaniac

Gondor

Quote from: loupgarou on September 18, 2014, 02:08:28 PM
Are you sure the carrier is still in use? The deck appears covered with a fine layer of sand.
My hypothesis is a dried-out world, the carrier got stranded there, the crew is trying to survive, note the small patches of culture, maybe we are already at the second generation (if the crew was mixed enough  ;D )

I think that's rust but its a fair point with the cultivation which only looks as if there is enough for a few people only.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I think the picture of the carrier has achieved it's purpose which is to provoke thought and inspire discussion and creativity.
I also think two catapults could be used for purposes other than launching aircraft.  Throwing pianos for example or as the basis of an extreme sport...

Love the pics with the little people.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2014, 02:51:32 AMThrowing pianos for example or as the basis of an extreme sport...

Catapult assisted hang gliding
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

zenrat

They could also be used for punishing wrongdoers.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

A WONDROUS (and somewhat flattering!) find: check THIS  :blink:

Found it in a Russian forum, accidently: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/67246-%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%B8-thunderbolt/page__p__1766439

Certainly "my" P-47H (even the foamed plastic in the air outlet is recognizable), but I have no connection with this artwork, whatsoever.

But, there are worse forms of hijacking...?  :party:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 19, 2014, 07:03:58 AM

Nope...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  My only JMN-mode niggle is she's saluting with the wrong hand.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

CANSO

Certainly "my" P-47H (even the foamed plastic in the air outlet is recognizable), but I have no connection with this artwork, whatsoever.
But you are mentioned in the last post, first page (as "The Author" ;)) and a link to your model is there too.
I call this free adverDIZZIng! :cheers:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Love the carrier....would make an awesome dio.

The wee HO figures in real world settings is just wild ! More I say !

And nice find Dizzy !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

A WONDROUS (and somewhat flattering!) find: check THIS  :blink:

Found it in a Russian forum, accidently: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/67246-%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%B8-thunderbolt/page__p__1766439

Who volunteers to send this to the Air Force uniform board? Recruiting would not be a problem!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise