Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Those are pretty sweet ! I love the little music books as well. A friend of mine would get a kick out of those.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

famvburg

kerick

Quote from: famvburg on February 26, 2015, 10:01:21 AM
Wonder if what flew?

I'm afraid only if you pushed it off a cliff. Looks like a small pickup truck with some sort of cargo box and car fenders for a tail boom. Wheels are probably off some farm equipment.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

I recently flew through frankfurt airport, and saw this (but these pictures must be older : I saw it in Lufthansa livery) :

perttime

Quote from: ericr on February 26, 2015, 11:40:42 AM
I recently flew through frankfurt airport, and saw this ...
A more distant memory...
When I was a kid in 60s-70s, a playground in town had a climbing frame in the shape of a twin airplane.

It might have been relocated to a different playground at some point but I'm sure I saw it at the end of 1990s or beginning of 2000s when my daughter was at playground age. Kids called the place the "airplane park".

Sadly, I cannot find any photos and the frame must have been scrapped at some point. I suppose there are limits to how long a mainly unattended tube structure can survive.

Dizzyfugu

Reminds me of a recent campaignin Brazil; TAM Museum in São Carlos exposes over 90 airplanes, among pioneers, classics, jets and fighter planes.

The miniature reproduction of some of these aircrafts is a fun way of stimulating new visitation to the Museum and reinforcing TAM's historical commitment to aviation - and the held kids at bay during long check-in procedures...  ;)

perttime

Quote from: wikxie on February 27, 2015, 02:57:04 AM
I think you guys will love this -
Clave also posts here:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26859.0.html

... but the racers are mixed with the warpainted ones.

Captain Canada

The JPS are very nice. Always a cool scheme that !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

While browsing I stumbled across this pretty Ki-84...  :wub:

And there's a Bf 109, too:

Captain Canada

Those are pretty nice ! Wouldn't want to be caught doing anything wrong in Japanese waters !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

The French one looks like a Su-12...!

Captain Canada

Both very nice. I don't recall seeing Glenn's effort before, but it definitely looks like a German Barracuda !

The other one is a real beauty. I probably wouldn't have put 2 and 2 together if it wasn't in this thread.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Yes. Looks like a Fw 189 on steroids! And it looks very good, too. Agree with the Barrcuda look of the first one. Looks so odd that it could be real...