Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2015, 05:40:16 AM
Is this misguided Alpha Jet visible?

Suits the aircraft well!  :thumbsup:

Yes it is, to both statements  :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Strange...  :-\

BTW, how about this CG Land LEase Beaufighter?

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2015, 01:49:27 AM
That ekranoplan is pretty sexy...

Even though I have doubts concerning the air intakes, and IMHO it would need some engines in front of the main wings, too, in order to create an air cushion at low speed. But it looks nice...  :rolleyes:
Truly not showing up, even copying and pasting the URL.
Quote from: Dizzyfugu
And there are these nice Airacobras that swapped sides...

And an ECR Vixen (which rather looks like a SLAR, but, heck, the idea as such is SICK!)!  :o

Funny thing is when I copied and pasted the url, they then showed up in the preview
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Dizzyfugu

Weird?! I see them all the time, original and reposted?  :-\

Hobbes

That happens sometimes when you post photos from websites that protect their images against hotlinking.

You can see them because you retrieved them from the original site (so they're in your browser cache), we can't because when our browser requests the image, the original site recognizes it's being linked to from whatifmodelers instead of the original site, and they refuse to send the image.

PR19_Kit

Oddly once I'd pasted the links from a 'quote' into my browser and seen the pics, they then appeared in the main thread!  :banghead:

The first one 404s every time though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chiglet

Are the Beau scores "Red on Red"?  :unsure:

tahsin

You wouldn't expect hated swastikas to appear on Russian planes, though I would say the Russians preferred white stars as kill marks.

CANSO

Quote from: tahsin on March 25, 2015, 05:10:42 AM...though I would say the Russians preferred white stars as kill marks.
White stars were not "communist enough", don't you think? Red star with or without white contour was the rule:

PR19_Kit

Hm, so that's going to be a Mach 2 cargo and troop transport is it? With intakes like that?

I don't think so, there's  no sign of the umpteen spill doors and decelerating ramps that they'd need to make the engines work at those speeds.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2015, 06:44:18 AM
Hm, so that's going to be a Mach 2 cargo and troop transport is it? With intakes like that?

I don't think so, there's  no sign of the umpteen spill doors and decelerating ramps that they'd need to make the engines work at those speeds.

The RT (Pravda light) has one of the designers, I guess (at school on my phone) claiming Mach 5+
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on March 26, 2015, 07:15:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2015, 06:44:18 AM

The RT (Pravda light) has one of the designers, I guess (at school on my phone) claiming Mach 5+

Yeah, right. And I'm one of the Wright Bros!!!!  :o

Regards
Kit