Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Book marked for future enjoyment! Thanks!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Found this pretty 1:48 "Starfighter"...  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Now there's a whif ! Lovely idea, simple, but very well done. I wonder how many of the younger generations will have no idea as to it's heritage ?

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

outstandingly elegant indeed !!!

and the cockpit must be from the night fighter version of the source aircraft (mystery ... ;D) I think?
(I sometimes dream of making a triplace combination of that one wwith the droop ...)

kerick

Go for it! The cones in place of the props look like parts from ball point pens.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: ericr on April 21, 2015, 10:30:19 AM

and the cockpit must be from the night fighter version of the source aircraft (mystery ... ;D) I think?
(I sometimes dream of making a triplace combination of that one wwith the droop ...)

There actually was one...

And there must have been a VIP transport post-war conversion with a passenger seat in the front, offering a true panoramic view.

ericr

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 21, 2015, 11:40:27 PM
Quote from: ericr on April 21, 2015, 10:30:19 AM

There actually was one...

And there must have been a VIP transport post-war conversion with a passenger seat in the front, offering a true panoramic view.

aha, were does it come from?

the passenger seat version could be given a civil airline livery, would look good

Dizzyfugu

AFAIK it's/was a museum aircraft (Yanks Air Museum in Chino) and in the three-seater form probably not an original build; check this conversation about it: http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/archive/index.php/t-11152.html

Go4fun

Quote from: CANSO on April 17, 2015, 09:11:26 PM
Quote from: kerick on April 17, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
Makes me want to go out and buy a couple of P-40 kits!
Me too!
I checked "Caprica" - the P-40 "Vipers" are there :thumbsup: - they fly in the virtual city, called New Caprica and are deadly weapons!

BTW the author of the Vipers Pierre Drolet, a fellow Canadian, has a large collection of probable and improbable  ;) flying machines here. Enjoy!
Like this one:

Why does that bottom head-on shot remind me of a Moray Eel?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

NARSES2

You are not the only one to think it's very eel like. Definitely got some sea creature in it's genes
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jesse220

kitbasher

Looks a bit Luftwaffe '46 to me. 
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Thanks for the pic of the donkey nosed P-38. Love he look of that one !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Barkeep does look very Luft '46, especially around the engines and canopy. Pretty sure it was used on screen in the Enterprise episode The Communicator where Lt. Reed loses his comm. in a bar.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Dizzyfugu

I am not certain if this has been posted, but it's worth a repost, anyway: a Swiss(!) modified Shinden (new engine section).