Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Simple, but with a certain charm?

Dizzyfugu

And another, very simple but somewhat very attractive cammo transfer...

ChernayaAkula

A USMC Corsair II is a brilliant idea! Lotsa cool camo and squadron options there!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Wow how hot is that Corsair ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 28, 2015, 07:22:01 AM
Simple, but with a certain charm?

Somehow I don't think the Israeli's would have been too happy...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Love the Saudi Harrier too. Lovely

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Yes. It's not a whif.
I don't know about the colour, but I think it's a real car, there should also be a die-cast model of it.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

It is: the Hélica, designed a century ago by Marcel Leyat:

"The design of this strange vehicle went against all the principles of auto construction at the time, because Hélica didn't have a gearbox, a driving system, or a drive wheel! This revolutionary prop-driven car was very light, simple, cheap to run, and fast. Its performance was amazing: it could do over 60 mph and weighed less than 300 kilos with two passengers.

In 1927, a Hélica with low-slung bodywork achieved speeds of 106 mph on the Montlhéry circuit.

Marcel Leyat was an extraordinary man, an engineer with a philosophical bent who had a very varied career, working for example on prototype planes and patenting a revolutionary method for learning musical scales! He built 23 Hélica's between 1913 and 1926."

ericr

Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2015, 04:01:28 AM
Yes. It's not a whif.
I don't know about the colour, but I think it's a real car, there should also be a die-cast model of it.

It kind of deserves being considered a near-whiff : sometimes RW nearly gets to It.

loupgarou

Quote from: ericr on June 20, 2015, 09:06:39 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2015, 04:01:28 AM
Yes. It's not a whif.

It kind of deserves being considered a near-whiff : sometimes RW nearly gets to It.

Well said!  :bow:  :cheers:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

It would grind up any pedestrians that got in the way! Maybe at least put the prop in the back.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Quote from: kerick on June 20, 2015, 03:19:27 PM
It would grind up any pedestrians that got in the way! Maybe at least put the prop in the back.

It may just be the photo but there appears to be some kind of mesh in front of the prop.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Do you seriously think that this mesh would add to pedestrian safety...?  ;)