Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

No one will be surprised that I think this is great.

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 20, 2023, 03:00:49 AMSeriously? :blink:

Why would you? :unsure:

'cause you rolled the ute and the compact was just sitting there?
'cause you could?
'cause you're really into recycling?
'cause it upsets the straights?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on October 20, 2023, 03:07:32 AMNo one will be surprised that I think this is great.

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 20, 2023, 03:00:49 AMSeriously? :blink:

Why would you? :unsure:

'cause you rolled the ute and the compact was just sitting there?
'cause you could?
'cause you're really into recycling?
'cause it upsets the straights?

Because you're a redneck with a welder and mechanical skills and because you can.  There's a guy in Mays Landing who took a Chevy/GMC 1.5t crewcab pickup and a Suburban and mated them together.  And then there's this monstrosity of redneck engineering, build on what looks like an old UHaul chassis:

Or its much nicer cousin:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

loupgarou

Are those "things" street-legal somewhere?  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

perttime

If you can register this in Finland, I'm sure there's places where you can register those two.

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on October 20, 2023, 08:40:59 AMAre those "things" street-legal somewhere?  :o
Surprisingly, yes.
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

kerick

Just don't pull into a small gas station and end up doing the Austin Powers turn around.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ysQeqhidwcXTnEfu9
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

A vehicle that long could have an interesting time on a hump-backed bridge!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I forgot a reason;

'cause the voices/drugs told me to...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

killnoizer

That patchwork truck is horrible, I got nightmares from that .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on October 21, 2023, 04:07:33 AMZA vehicle that long could have an interesting time on a hump-backed bridge!

Several level crossings along the River Line have low ground clearance warnings.  That triple axle Suburban/pickup hybrid would definitely get hung up on them
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

kerick

I can think of several railroad crossings around where I live that would bend that truck in half!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

"Speed Ship" posted on Twitter by Rasmus Poulsen here: https://x.com/technouveau_art/status/1723645314387616104?s=20
His account is well worth following: @technouveau_art

It's CGI (obviously) but I'm posting it as inspiration because it strikes me that you could build something very much in the same vein from a Blackbird kit and some F1 car parts.

Some more from his account:

Video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1719853301099802716
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

killnoizer

This is very good , thank you for showing  :thumbsup:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

silverwindblade

Quote from: kerick on September 03, 2023, 07:56:22 PMI thought it was just this side of a joke but I've been told they are serious. Lots of strange rational behind it I'm sure.

My joke is that I am one, and have been for 20+ years at this point.
The 'believing they have animal spirits inside' bit isn't true; it's actually more just, 'people who think animals with human characteristics/intelligence are cool' and celebrate it in various ways; be it art, writing, roleplaying games, costume making, etc etc.

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?