Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on January 29, 2012, 10:55:47 AM
1/24 fully scratched Captain Harlock's SW-190 Space Wolf.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=34840&st=0

The huge Leiji Matsumoto fan in me can only be in total awe at the complexity of this build and how beautifully it turned out.  :wub:

anthonyp

Quote from: scooter on January 25, 2012, 06:28:33 PM
Found this one on FB at work (Slow day, no traditional Guardsmen to abu...er, train today):

Gotta admit, its an interesting kayak.  Wonder if the guns work.

This reminds me of the Graf Spee one man motorboat from a few years ago.  In my retirement [blah, blah, cough] years from now, I want to do a USS Alaska CB-1 in the same vein.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

scooter

Quote from: anthonyp on January 31, 2012, 06:56:10 PM
Found this one on FB at work (Slow day, no traditional Guardsmen to abu...er, train today):

Gotta admit, its an interesting kayak.  Wonder if the guns work.

This reminds me of the Graf Spee one man motorboat from a few years ago.  In my retirement [blah, blah, cough] years from now, I want to do a USS Alaska CB-1 in the same vein.
With or without operational main batteries?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

anthonyp

Quote from: scooter on January 31, 2012, 07:16:59 PM
Quote from: anthonyp on January 31, 2012, 06:56:10 PM

Gotta admit, its an interesting kayak.  Wonder if the guns work.

This reminds me of the Graf Spee one man motorboat from a few years ago.  In my retirement [blah, blah, cough] years from now, I want to do a USS Alaska CB-1 in the same vein.
With or without operational main batteries?

Without.  Again, it's my dream for when I retire [blah, blah, cough] years from now.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

scooter

Now I call that a catering truck.  Perfect for when you absolutely, positively get the munchies standing by at the fire/hostage/disaster scene...

(While not a model, still pretty whiffy.  Especially if they're serving fish. ;D )
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

RussC

Quote from: scooter on February 01, 2012, 03:04:36 PM

Now I call that a catering truck.  Perfect for when you absolutely, positively get the munchies standing by at the fire/hostage/disaster scene...

(While not a model, still pretty whiffy.  Especially if they're serving fish. ;D )

Or Bomb-Squad Burritos.  :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Hobbes

Interesting. I wonder how they get away with having a vehicle that looks like an ambulance.

RussC

Quote from: Hobbes on February 02, 2012, 02:36:50 AM

Interesting. I wonder how they get away with having a vehicle that looks like an ambulance.

Its probably not real. If you look at the perspective of the image inside the serving window, it doesn't match the vehicle. Photomanip. quick and dirty but cute and effective.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

deathjester

It probably saves a little time if there's a food poisoning issue with the munchies...!

NARSES2

Quote from: RussC on February 02, 2012, 02:44:52 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on February 02, 2012, 02:36:50 AM

Its probably not real. If you look at the perspective of the image inside the serving window, it doesn't match the vehicle. Photomanip. quick and dirty but cute and effective.

You've better eyes then me Russ - mind you the UK lads know how thick my glasses are  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

I`m 99.9999% sure it`s a fake. A bit of photo shop involved me thinks as Russ suggests.

Over here in the UK I`m pretty sure you can`t impersonate an emergency vehicle for any reason, (other than filmwork), as it`s an offense.

So, if it`s an offence over here, I`m sure it`s punishable by death over in the States....  ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Sticky Fingers

^It's a Dutch ambulance, and yes, it is an ambulance, not a mobile snackshop. Phake pic. The real one is from a district in the south of the Netherlands.

Hobbes

Yep. There are 2 different ID numbers (21-109 and 20-112), neither match the vehicle shown.

pyro-manic

There's a fire engine here in Weymouth that isn't a fire engine, but a limousine. It's got "HIRE" instead of "FIRE", and all the other bits of wording are subtly different as well.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

abtex

Not really a Whiff but strange to me :o
From http://ru-wunderluft.livejournal.com/269250.html

QuoteLoire-Nieuport LN.10 constructed within the framework of a competition announced in 1935 by the Ministry of Aviation and the French Navy to develop a new maritime bombers and torpedo aircraft was developed as a scout, bomber and torpedo bomber. The first flight took place on July 21, 1939. Built a copy of it?