Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 09, 2012, 08:04:42 AM
All of these are by 'Clave', isn't he one of us here???
He has some profiles here too:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26859.0.html

I like this one:

He frequntly posts new ones at deviantart, too. Recently, there's been a variety of Gloster Meteors, many of which seem to be "real".
http://ws-clave.deviantart.com/

scooter

Found this on Facebook today-

Its a Jeep...In a Box!

Now, if only our Humvees came that way.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

My uncle told a story about those boxes. When his troopship got to where ever it was going and was unloaded a couple of them were empty  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I remember the ads that ran in Popular Mechanics magazine and other such pubs that promised information on government auctions were you could buy a brand new jeep in a box.  Those ads ran for years.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mr.Creak

What if... I had a brain?

scooter

Found on Facebook:

Three engined, tractor/2x pusher Colonial P-40 thingies?  :blink:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

kerick

I've seen a model of some thing very much like this recently, on this forum I think. Wish I could remember who it was!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

RussC

This one looks a lot like some of the 3D pixel pushing displayed over on DeviantArt.

But I usually see all of those, this might be a newcomer.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

The two pusher props must be VERY small to avoid hitting each other! Or are they displaced fore and aft so they don't? Even so they'd be darned inefficient with the prop discs overlapping.

Having said that it does look pretty sharp.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

Quote from: scooter on July 13, 2012, 04:05:16 PM
Three engined, tractor/2x pusher Colonial P-40 thingies?  :blink:

really 3 engined? It looks like just one engine buried behind the cockpit. Does it actually have a prop on the nose? There doesnt appear to be one...

I guess that the 2 props in the tail are geared to a single drive and have been set 60 deg out of phase so that the blades intermesh...
secretprojects forum migrant

perttime

There's a spinner in the nose, so there's probably an engine too.

Looks like the rear engines are mounted on their sides (if that makes any sense).

Caveman

I see what looks a bit like a spinner but no props or exhausts in the nose, unlike the row of exhausts coming out of the sides of the aircraft behind the cockpit and the two sets of blurred prop blades in the tail.

What makes you think that the engines are going to be mounted on their sides?

Does anyone have a link to the original site? Are there anymore like these?
secretprojects forum migrant

perttime

Quote from: Caveman on July 14, 2012, 08:00:13 AMWhat makes you think that the engines are going to be mounted on their sides?
The exhausts that I see are pointing UP, not to the side as they usually are with conventionally mounted engines.

The "spinner-looking" thing in the nose is the only evidence I have that there is an engine in the nose... except that SOMETHING roughly the size of an engine is taking up space there. Maybe the artist forgot to draw props (  :unsure: ). The front engine could have turbochargers with the ducting running inside the cowl.

scooter

Quote from: Caveman on July 14, 2012, 08:00:13 AM

Does anyone have a link to the original site? Are there anymore like these?

I snagged it off of a friend's FB page that she had uploaded off of her mobile. So I have no clue
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx