Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That'd be a DS911 then.............  ;D

I bet it doesn't ride as well as the original DS did, but then nothing else would.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jsport

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 15, 2013, 06:45:27 AM
Stumbled across THIS:

A German car tuner built this, and it is supposed to be driveable. Still has a 260hp rear engine...  :party:

More pics, here:

http://www.t-online.de/auto/technik/id_66516276/brandpowder-911-ds-citro-n-ds-mit-porsche-911-gekreuzt.html
this i super hoot thank you sharing..

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2013, 07:06:03 AM

I bet it doesn't ride as well as the original DS did, but then nothing else would.

I wonder how  it would compare with the Citroen SM?  As I recall, that  was a  co-operative  V 6   venture with  Maserati  that went quite rapidly.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 15, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

I wonder how  it would compare with the Citroen SM?  As I recall, that  was a  co-operative  V 6   venture with  Maserati  that went quite rapidly.

Dead right, and a Citroen dealer's Service Dept's manna from heaven. The MTBF of the SM was about a month when they were first announced, every customer was a test driver!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

The SM had something like 170 bhp rather than the 260 quoted for the Porsche unit.

I'm sceptical of the affair though. Brandpowder is an advertising agency, not a car company. More evidence that it's a hoax: http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-most-vague-build-ever-porsche-911-citroen-ds-1459422642/1459649955/@pgeorge

PR19_Kit

The piccie certainly looks like a Photoshop job.

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2013, 01:07:40 PM
The piccie certainly looks like a Photoshop job.
Indeed, but still unbelievably beautiful!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Madoc

It's a travesty.  It's an abomination.  It must be killed before it breeds! :wacko:
Wherever you go, there you are!

Tophe

Only loved (and protected) by what-ifers like us ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

wuzak

Quote from: Rheged on November 15, 2013, 10:08:06 AM
That'd be a DS911 then.............  ;D

I wonder how  it would compare with the Citroen SM?  As I recall, that  was a  co-operative  V 6   venture with  Maserati  that went quite rapidly.

DS and SM were both front wheel drive. The SM may not be that competitive in corners.

Still, both the SM and DS had the engine behind the front wheel centreline - so would, no doubt, have better weight distribution than the Porsche-DS would (hypothetically).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Citro%C3%ABn_Schnitt-DS_Motor.jpg
http://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y2p7772qHv7u1fVlJdqlHzx0buCVcQGoGJX1aAKJ19DEaY4pugIkIT-hqho0o3GrTpumgh2PZZg3e8QykbPjJupi7OOQX5iC5osflhHcGABs1A/P4250375.JPG?psid=1&rdrts=59203415

PR19_Kit

Quote from: wuzak on November 15, 2013, 09:19:38 PM

DS and SM were both front wheel drive. The SM may not be that competitive in corners.

ALL production Citroens were/are front wheel drive, apart from the 4x4 Sahara.

Regards
Kit

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2013, 02:19:46 AM
Not quite true, as most of the cars build between 1919 and 1939 were RWD. ;)

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2013, 02:19:46 AM
Quote from: wuzak on November 15, 2013, 09:19:38 PM

And the BX 4TC  ;D

PR19_Kit

OK, OK! Let's not be too pedantic about it. I meant ones that are likely to be around these days......... <sigh>

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very cool looking car...would be a real head turner !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?