Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Thanks for the explanations about the seahawk derivative.
For the triplex Spitfire, I think I have seen it here in a topic of our dear member Vostoc7:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23254.0.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

Takes a lot of work to make the Academy kit accurate....but a superb kit for whiffery. I see them selling regularly for under a fiver on the bay.

lancer

Love the Brazillian carrier flight deck......Now IMHO THAT is what the flight deck of our new carriers should look like NOT LM lemons!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Dizzyfugu

How about this M.C. Escher-esque CG creation? Can't help, but something does not match up...  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 17, 2014, 08:36:14 AM
How about this M.C. Escher-esque CG creation? Can't help, but something does not match up...  ;)

You're not kidding, that must be a VERY flexible propshaft!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Librarian on June 16, 2014, 12:24:42 PM
Takes a lot of work to make the Academy kit accurate....but a superb kit for whiffery. I see them selling regularly for under a fiver on the bay.

Matter of opinion.  Having whiffed my way through more Spitfires than hot dinners (and I've had a lot of them too), I wouldn't start with an Academy 14 unless I have to*.  Never, ever liked that kit.  There's something wrong with the fuselage that I just can't nail down.  And I dislike the fit too. Give me a Fujimi one, or an Airfix 19 mated to a fighter wing.  I'd even do the upgrade work on the old Frog kit.

*That said, I have two done, both with new wings as a Spitfire F21 and Seafire F45, plus two others converted to 21s that are yet to be finished.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

The link below is to a youtube video of game reviewer NERD3 ("nerd-cubed") slagging off an utterly dreadful airport simulator game. Quite apart from the fact that it's highly amusing, it also has some very whiffy transport planes, seemingly with random collections of engines, in the first five minutes or so.

WARNING : NOT REMOTELY SAFE FOR WORK DUE TO PROFUSE (BUT ENTIRELY JUSTIFIED) SWEARING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwkpogkNpco
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Madoc

Weaver,

That's hilarious!  I feel sorry for the poor SOB who created that simulation as it's clearly a labor of love on that guy's part - but one that only a true fan of airport ops could possibly find enjoyable.
Wherever you go, there you are!

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on June 21, 2014, 04:13:57 AMQuite apart from the fact that it's highly amusing, it also has some very whiffy transport planes, seemingly with random collections of engines, in the first five minutes or so.

The L-1011 meets C-141 or 727 or DC-9 are most whiffy. 
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

FAR148

Captain Canada

Oh those PAK FAs are looking sweet ! The twin seater looks a little cramped tho  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Just noticed the Brazillian carrier.....wow !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

How about THIS "sponsored" Gundam mecha...?  :rolleyes:

"Full psycho", yeah!  :lol:

Zombolt

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 04, 2014, 03:11:05 AM
How about THIS "sponsored" Gundam mecha...?  :rolleyes:

"Full psycho", yeah!  :lol:
They also have the Original and Nu Gundam in 7upcolors.

I wish we could get that, I'll just have to settle for B&N selling them