Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Flyer on September 15, 2014, 11:05:17 AM
The single engine O-2 is interesting, I will be looking that one up :thumbsup:
There was also a single-engined tractor (not pusher) version of the (former push-pull) O-2: the Conroy Stolifter, but this is Real World, not what-if:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

famvburg

Wasn't there a single engine turbo prop pusher as well?

Tophe

Quote from: Flyer on September 16, 2014, 08:11:23 AM
On a sort of related topic I remember seeing a model of a Zwilling Cessna 337, with 3 booms and 4 engines, was that by somebody on here?
Alvis 3.1's, yes. I have seen it recently on Facebook (as Twin Skymaster Cessna 337 X2) but the search engine does not find it here.

Tophe

Quote from: famvburg on September 16, 2014, 06:34:36 AM
Wasn't there a single engine turbo prop pusher as well?
Yes there was! see the Basler Turbo 37/Spectrum SA-550 at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_SA-550
(in my files, there was also the Basler Turbo 34) but not what-if, inventing better is... better.

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Flyer on September 16, 2014, 08:11:23 AM
I can remember seeing a internet pic of a civil single pusher 337 many years ago. It had a large baggage compartment up front and a standard 337 cabin. I cannot remember if it was turboprop though.

A single engine pusher 337/O-2 with a slightly altered fuselage may make a good drone...

On a sort of related topic I remember seeing a model of a Zwilling Cessna 337, with 3 booms and 4 engines, was that by somebody on here?

Full article is over here:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal9/8301-8400/gal8327-Cessna-Petrie/00.shtm
Alvis 3.14159

Captain Canada

Love the O-2 ! Would be awesome as a turbine....have to look into this one !

Also get a kick out of the floats...High School Hibred Musical Retracting Retractible Inflatable Flailing Arm Floating Floatable Floats etc etc

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Not really a whif, rather an SF inspiration...  :mellow:

Like the idea, a diorama should look cool?

ChernayaAkula

That would make for an awesome computer game map!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

scooter

Looks like a scene out of Space Battleship Yamato
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Go4fun

"Welcome to the Hotel  SS Yanze. Please watch out for the .."*OOF!* "... Knee Knockers and the..." *CLUNK* "... Head Bangers".
Blighty but how would you get the beastie ou there to start with?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

perttime

Quote from: Go4fun on September 18, 2014, 07:32:06 AM
Blighty but how would you get the beastie ou there to start with?
Nonono.
You don't get it out there. You remove the water from under it.

PR19_Kit

How the devil do you land-on? There's not only an over-sized Nissen hut on the stern but a damned great hill in the way too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2014, 10:31:24 AM
How the devil do you land-on? There's not only an over-sized Nissen hut on the stern but a damned great hill in the way too!  :o

I was wondering that too but decided that they must be using much smaller aircraft to land and take off!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Flyer on September 18, 2014, 12:01:15 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 18, 2014, 10:37:40 AM

I was wondering that too but decided that they must be using much smaller aircraft to land and take off!

Gondor
A very large landing pad for a fleet of Bell 609 tilt rotors...

Well yes, but why would they need the two cats and the angled deck in that case?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2014, 01:13:13 PM
Quote from: Flyer on September 18, 2014, 12:01:15 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 18, 2014, 10:37:40 AM

Gondor
A very large landing pad for a fleet of Bell 609 tilt rotors...

Well yes, but why would they need the two cats and the angled deck in that case?

Because that's the way that aircraft always took off from there, besides there is a big hill at the tail end of the carrier which is not very conducive to a good take-off!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....