Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thats a navalised Dartstang.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Got me thinking of a straight navalised P-51 in Aussie colours now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

How about this beauty in 1:48? Wonder if a rocket engine could be installed between the jets?

Dizzyfugu

And then I also stumbled across this "Manta" Beaufighter - interesting for its "scaled" paint scheme, probably achieved through deliberate use of net stockings...  ;)

kitnut617

I wonder why it's got two types of radar ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

...god question - didn't notice that.

Besides, I found this pretty Luftwaffe F-104G skin transplant onto a MiG-15 - certainly has some appeal? Just the "fake radome" would need some work, but the modern cammo suits the tubby MiG well!

kerick

That stumpy Phantom that Dizzy posted would look all BSG with a third engine behind the cockpit!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Jesse220

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 13, 2014, 08:38:26 AM
...god question - didn't notice that.

Besides, I found this pretty Luftwaffe F-104G skin transplant onto a MiG-15 - certainly has some appeal? Just the "fake radome" would need some work, but the modern cammo suits the tubby MiG well!

How come the Soviets never gave the East Germans the Mig-15?

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Captain Canada

Wow...some nice stuff since I last checked in ! Love that Aussie Turbo Seahorse. The 'Beau is a beauty as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

It's not really a Whif, but its has some... appeal!

I give to you the customized LEGO night club, and for USD 275 it CAN be yours!

"Grab a front row seat for the majesty of the greatest custom LEGO® set ever crafted! The Citizen Brick Center for the Performing Arts is place where dreamers can dream, and dancers can dance. And dream. And also dance."

More here:
http://citizenbrick.com/collections/building-sets/products/the-citizen-brick-center-for-the-performing-arts

Captain Canada

What an awesome find ! Prices are a little high, but the stuff is really interesting and would make a great gift for a lego enthusiast !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Ah yes.  The people who did the Breaking Bad "Lego".  As well as the underground lab set on their site they also did an RV lab set.
I've never fully understood the Lego attitude to weapons and military subjects.  They'll do cops and robbers (and monster hunters) with hand guns and space ships with laser blasters (not to mention all the Star Wars stuff) but they won't produce soldiers, military equipment or automatic weapons.
Mini figures appeared just after I decided I had grown out of my Lego and gave it away but I would have loved Wehrmacht and Allied troops.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

The original management wouldn't do any military things, full stop. I remember when the first space sets came out there was a hand-held "thing" that might or might not have been a ray gun and there was a controversy about it. The point where it changed for guns was with the Star Wars licence, although they'd done knights and pirates, both with swords and the like, before that.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones