Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2015, 06:44:18 AM
Hm, so that's going to be a Mach 2 cargo and troop transport is it? With intakes like that?

I don't think so, there's  no sign of the umpteen spill doors and decelerating ramps that they'd need to make the engines work at those speeds.

With those glider like wings I don't see this concept going past Mach .8.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2015, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: scooter on March 26, 2015, 07:15:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2015, 06:44:18 AM
Hm, so that's going to be a Mach 2 cargo and troop transport is it? With intakes like that?

I don't think so, there's  no sign of the umpteen spill doors and decelerating ramps that they'd need to make the engines work at those speeds.

The RT (Pravda light) has one of the designers, I guess (at school on my phone) claiming Mach 5+

Yeah, right. And I'm one of the Wright Bros!!!!  :o

There's really nothing new about it is there, looks like they stole the design (again) from Boeing (or was that Lockheed)  -----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Captain Canada

different that's for sure ! Looks kinda retro kinda not.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Accidently found THIS...  :unsure:

This... creation(?) is on display at Port El Kantaoui, Sousse, Tunisia.

Reminds of a crossbreed between a Hawker Hunter, A Grumman Tiger and a Folland Gnat?  :party:

ericr

astonishing indeed !
the car/helicopter hybrid is inspiring ... ;D

CANSO

QuoteIn a surprise announcement today, the US Navy announced that the Blue Angels will transition from their current F-18 Hornets to unmanned F-47 aircraft for their 2018 airshow season. The team will still fly a full 'delta' aerobatic routine, including tight formations, using six of the cutting edge drones. The only difference is that the pilots will never leave the ground and will instead monitor the pre-programmed flight routines from special trailers set up at each show site. Since the aircraft are unmanned, the team will no longer offer media rides but will allow selected media representatives to 'sit in' on practice demonstrations using a virtual reality headset that will be known as Blue Angel 7, the same callsign as the team's current two-seat media jet. The pilots will also be expected to post to social media during the routine to increase their interaction with fans.

"This is a tremendous opportunity for the Navy to showcase our advanced technology and cutting edge aircraft," said Jack Herndon, the Navy's Chief of Public Outreach. "Honestly, the Hornets are getting to be quite old and worn out. We saw the need to replace them and decided to take advantage of the timing by leaping straight ahead to our very newest fighter aircraft, the F-47. The Blue Angels' primary mission is to inspire America's young people to join the Navy, and with this transition we are able to demonstrate that even young men and women who only want to sit at a computer all day can have a successful Navy flying career. Those are exactly the people we are looking to recruit in the future."

SOURCE

philp

After seeing that today I really want to get a kit and make one.

Now, which UAV for the Thunderbirds?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Looks like a tight formation that's for sure !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Quote from: philp on April 01, 2015, 07:43:55 PM
Now, which UAV for the Thunderbirds?

IIRC, somebody did it with MQ-9 Reapers.

scooter

So...I shared the article on FB, and one of my former coworkers has utterly fallen for it. :banghead:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on April 02, 2015, 06:51:07 AM
So...I shared the article on FB, and one of my former coworkers has utterly fallen for it. :banghead:

;D Brilliant  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dadlamassu

I was looking for some details of AA Vehicles for my fictional Africans and found this then got diverted into surfing for more!

Flyer

B-17ish quadrotor thing look's cool. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Captain Canada

Half track is super cool ! I think we've seen the B-17 before.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?