Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Doesn't look familiar ! Looks good tho ! Glad you pointed out the engine. :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

I think the canopy is also different - and the more slender tail section suits the Shinden well.

famvburg

kitnut617

The fuselage looks like an A-4 Skyhawk
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 24, 2015, 06:09:07 AM
The fuselage looks like an A-4 Skyhawk

Beat me to it. What ever it's a very attractive aircraft
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 24, 2015, 03:07:45 AM
I am not certain if this has been posted, but it's worth a repost, anyway: a Swiss(!) modified Shinden (new engine section).

But does it unfold into a knife and fingernail trimmers? :blink:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

major

But does it unfold into a knife and fingernail trimmers? :blink:
[/quote]

Hahaaaaaaaa!
And the thing for taking stones out of horses hoofs!  :thumbsup:

CANSO

Quote from: Green Dragon on April 23, 2015, 10:54:17 AM
Pretty sure it was used on screen in the Enterprise episode The Communicator where Lt. Reed loses his comm. in a bar.
Paul Harrison
Excellent memory! :thumbsup:
2 minutes before the end of Episode 8/Season 2, 3 of this flying machines attack the Enterprise - pod. They moved very fast and I couldn't make a better screenshot than this one:

P.S.
This one is better:

Green Dragon

Nice screenshot CANSO! They were only on for a few seconds but it's definitely the Barkeep design.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Rick Lowe

I think he's modified the cockpit area to fit the new canopy and added a new, extended engine cowling section to the existing airframe.

Cool redesign, but I wonder about Centre of Gravity issues... the RW aircraft had the engine over the wing trailing edge, to stop it being a 'tail sitter', so with this design that would be even more of a concern...
Eek, that sounds terribly RW-technical/JMN-pompous, but it is what it is.

I noticed the revised, staggered cannon also; so maybe they are bigger than RW - which could help address the c of g issues?

Cheers

ericr

Quote from: ericr on April 21, 2015, 11:45:33 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 21, 2015, 11:40:27 PM
Quote from: ericr on April 21, 2015, 10:30:19 AM

outstandingly elegant indeed !!!

and the cockpit must be from the night fighter version of the source aircraft (mystery ... ;D) I think?
(I sometimes dream of making a triplace combination of that one wwith the droop ...)

There actually was one...

And there must have been a VIP transport post-war conversion with a passenger seat in the front, offering a true panoramic view.

aha, were does it come from?

the passenger seat version could be given a civil airline livery, would look good

I couldn't resist  ;D

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40517.msg684418.html#msg684418

with floats, and yellow  ;D ;D ;D

Captain Canada

Love the droopsnoot floater ! Nice !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Quote from: Jesse220 on May 26, 2015, 11:06:26 AM
Check out the Russian's new plan for a new stealth plane
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/russia-plans-enormous-supersonic-stealth-5387746

I don't know why that rendering keeps cropping up, it's an aeronautics student's exam project, nothing more. An An-225 replacement with ONE engine?