Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

QuoteThe PAK TA aircraft would travel at 1,200 mph and carry up to 200 tons

No it couldn't, it's TOTALLY the wrong shape for supersonic speeds!  :banghead:

Don't they have ANYONE on the Mirror who knows anything at all about aviation??? Obviously not.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Hobbes on May 26, 2015, 12:34:27 PM
Quote from: Jesse220 on May 26, 2015, 11:06:26 AM
Check out the Russian's new plan for a new stealth plane
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/russia-plans-enormous-supersonic-stealth-5387746

I don't know why that rendering keeps cropping up, it's an aeronautics student's exam project, nothing more. An An-225 replacement with ONE engine?

Actually Harro, it has three -- but it's as stealthy as a brick, what with those huge fan fronts exposed like they are
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jesse220

The Russians might be getting better with their stealth tech

PR19_Kit

They might be but they can't make something THAT shape supersonic.

In any case, as Hobbes said, it was a student's design project, not a real Russian proposal.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

An odd one... looks tiny?

Captain Canada

Cool ! Looks like she'd ready to battle in the weeds in WWIII ! Probabl4 the 200 or so scale bird that comes with the shuttle, judging by the extra fins and the old-school hump. Minicraft I think. Still, a neat idea ! Would take an awful lot of paint to do one like that in the real world !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 27, 2015, 04:40:49 AMProbabl4 the 200 or so scale bird that comes with the shuttle, judging by the extra fins and the old-school hump

Yeah, that was my first thought. Nice idea on that bird.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

...and an ambitious idea for the upcoming "De/Militarize It" GB:

PR19_Kit

Where's the heli-deck?  ;D

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Most probably that circular, raised bit just aft of the swimming pool.  :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Very neat, and very well done as well....almost looks like a model in the first pic. I'm sure there are some rich buggers on this planet that could afford it too

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Cool! Never thought of converting a submarine, but for years I've wanted to outfit an aircraft carrier as a floating resort.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ericr

Quote from: The Rat on May 27, 2015, 05:58:03 PM
Cool! Never thought of converting a submarine, but for years I've wanted to outfit an aircraft carrier as a floating resort.

I have a carrier I want to convert too ...

or maybe like this?

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on May 27, 2015, 05:58:03 PM
Cool! Never thought of converting a submarine,

Very much so. Just surprised someone hasn't done it as the ultimate "look what I've got, have you got one yet ?"  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very cool stuff. The carrier tank especially, somat out of Star Wars like a Jawa crawler.

The fin radar atop the 747 looks so cool, I have to make a not of that one. Looks like the drop tank from a 144th scale P-52 to me.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?