Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nice 104. Not sure I like the tail though....needs to be raked as well I think.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 23, 2015, 11:19:23 AM
The second, German-flavoured one is IIRC from "Sky Crawlers" and there is a set of blueprints on t'web somewhere.

Cheers

Somebody has actually scratched it, at britmodeler, IIRC.

Dizzyfugu

The modified F-104 reminds me of a Chinese project I've seen in a book. Very Starfighter-ish fuselage, low tail surfaces, just the wings were even a bit lower, not in mid position.
Looks very good, though, I could imagine something similar as an evolution of the F-104G, maybe in Luftwaffe colors...?

Tophe

My 6-year old son Jacky was playing a war game on our home computer, and I said "wait a little, let me make a PrintScreen". Is this a Gloster Gladiator shooting down "evil" F4F Wildcat?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Zombolt

Quote from: Tophe on June 26, 2015, 05:51:05 AM
My 6-year old son Jacky was playing a war game on our home computer, and I said "wait a little, let me make a PrintScreen". Is this a Gloster Gladiator shooting down "evil" F4F Wildcat?

I do think those sprites are nabbed.
Outside the obvious Sonic Plane (Tails normally flies it.)
The Green one is from Metal Slug, Metal Slug has a lot of neat designs

Captain Canada

Those are some neat designs ! I like the plane and the big tank.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Not a whif in the normal sense, rather an entertaining interpretation... Ever encountered the situation where a symbol lights up on your vehicle's dashboard, but you didn't know how to interpret it?

PR19_Kit

Tell me about it!  :unsure:

My car keeps on popping up with the 'This' icon below, but as soon as the guy with the diagnostic thingie plugs it in the icon goes out! Then I drive home and 10 mins later it's back on again.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2015, 03:24:07 AM

My car keeps on popping up with the 'This' icon below, but as soon as the guy with the diagnostic thingie plugs it in the icon goes out! Then I drive home and 10 mins later it's back on again.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

When the warning icon pops up again Kit, do this --- turn your ignition key on and off, three times without starting the engine fairly quickly (just so the dash lights show) but don't turn off the dash lights on the third go. then count how many times the dash lights flash afterwards. There should be short flashes and long flashes. Count these as they will give you the code on what is wrong, but it will keep repeating itself with the flashes so watch it for a few times to see when the pattern begins.  Then find a good mechanic who should be able to tell you what is wrong.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

If your car seems to be running OK then it's probably just a sensor gone bad.  Happened on my Commodore and turned out to be the oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold.  Fitting a new one made the light go off but otherwise no difference except to my bank balance and the amount of skin on my knuckles.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

That's a funny collection right there !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled across this illustration, obviosly a stealthy A-10 derivative...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 03, 2015, 04:25:31 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2015, 03:24:07 AM

When the warning icon pops up again Kit, do this --- turn your ignition key on and off, three times without starting the engine fairly quickly (just so the dash lights show) but don't turn off the dash lights on the third go. then count how many times the dash lights flash afterwards. There should be short flashes and long flashes. Count these as they will give you the code on what is wrong, but it will keep repeating itself with the flashes so watch it for a few times to see when the pattern begins.  Then find a good mechanic who should be able to tell you what is wrong.

I tried that but my dash lights didn't flash at all............  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 08, 2015, 05:00:40 AM
Stumbled across this illustration, obviosly a stealthy A-10 derivative...

Slightly bigger image: :blink:

Don't know where you found this, mate, so I can't find if there are any intermediate sizes. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Uh, oh? Thumbnail was not planned - the pic I wanted to link/insert was pretty large!

The original pic URL (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/narutofanon/images/b/bf/Getsuplanes.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140215151819) does not help (checked that), I am not certain where the problem lies.  :-\

On edit: it can be so simple: just google "A-10 stealth" and it pops up! Comes from a Russian forum, it seems:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2350914

Sorry for the inconvenience!