Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Flyer on December 21, 2015, 11:41:53 PM
Quote from: kerick on December 21, 2015, 09:53:32 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on December 21, 2015, 09:17:27 AM
Love those big wheel things ! Now there's an idea.

:cheers:

Its been done before. No machine guns on these.
http://silodrome.com/the-dynasphere/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasphere

I'm thinking of how to build an RC version.

Electric R/C car speed control with reverse and gyro's and weightshift steering, or simply cut a Segway in half?

Anybody have a used Segway for sale?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

The problem with monowheels
One of the problems with mono wheels is braking.  Hard braking will cause the driver to rotate with the wheel.
With the designs shown on the previous page this would lead to the part with the crew on being driven into the ground like a hammer.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Speaking of monowheels, 5 pages of them on Douglas Self's Museum of Retro Technology site:
http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/TRANSPORT/motorwhl/motorwhl.htm

:thumbsup:

zenrat

Wow, that's a lot of one wheeled eccentricity.
But they missed Mr Garrison's mono wheel with it's "unique" seating & control methods.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Talking about big wheels, how about this real world what-if  --- the Tron bike

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sZ86A1O9OcM/maxresdefault.jpg
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jesse220

Quote from: zenrat on January 22, 2016, 10:09:54 PM
Wow, that's a lot of one wheeled eccentricity.
But they missed Mr Garrison's mono wheel with it's "unique" seating & control methods.

I wish I had those kinds of wheels

CANSO

Japanese proto X-wing fighter. I don't know if this thing can fly, but I started loving ot at the first sight:

More here.

PR19_Kit

Looks a bit short on prop blades......  ;D :lol: ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

CANSO

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2016, 10:24:46 AM
Looks a bit short on prop blades......  ;D :lol: ;)
I think these are the same as the "Shinden" propellers in size, but the X-plane is very high and the proportions of the original are changed drastically:

kerick

Pretty cool!
Must have gone through four kits to build it. $$$$$
Of course with the left overs he could build a jet version.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

I think it already is a jet version, as well as having the four piston engines. The centre fuselage has a big turbine exhaust at the back.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: CANSO on January 24, 2016, 09:18:19 AM
Japanese proto X-wing fighter. I don't know if this thing can fly, but I started loving ot at the first sight:

oh !  :o

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2016, 01:31:26 PM
I think it already is a jet version, as well as having the four piston engines. The centre fuselage has a big turbine exhaust at the back.

I agree with Kit though to me the piston engines look as if they along with their nasals come from a four engined bomber which could have provided the main undercarriage legs and wheels as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Green Dragon

The J7W is the Hasegawa 1/48th kit and the piston engines/nacelles are from the Hasegawa 1/72nd Nakajima Renzan bomber with J7W-1 props.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)