Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Not really a whif... but if you want to stir rumors in your neighborhood and/or be prepared for global warning and the zombie apocalypse, then the Russian "Sherp" could be your next car?

http://sherp.ru/en/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 10, 2016, 06:45:18 AM

That dog never bothered me again, indeed it was the only dog that ever really bothered me, always got on well with everyone I've met including a couple of security dogs that you weren't meant to, but that again is another story  ;D

Hehe, LOVE it!  ;D

Served the blighter right.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2016, 04:37:25 AM
Mean small dogs on the other hand...

Vary mean.... 16 stitches in the face at the age of 3 from a dog bite. A corgi of all things. Nearly 60 years later and I still cringe at small dogs running towards me. Big dogs no problem.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Librarian

It's the opposite for me. In Caracas I had one of those bred to kill Alsatian guard dogs clamped on my right calf shaking me like a lawyer from Jurassic Park...got out of its compound as I got out of my Mum's car. The security guard ran up, couldn't get it off, pulled out his gun and shot it point blank. Took a couple weeks for my leg to heal but I've had tinnitus ever since. Big dogs still give me the willies ;D.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Librarian on February 10, 2016, 11:58:38 AM
It's the opposite for me. In Caracas I had one of those bred to kill Alsatian guard dogs clamped on my right calf shaking me like a lawyer from Jurassic Park...got out of its compound as I got out of my Mum's car. The security guard ran up, couldn't get it off, pulled out his gun and shot it point blank. Took a couple weeks for my leg to heal but I've had tinnitus ever since. Big dogs still give me the willies ;D.

Used to be a security dog handler, Rottweiler & a German-Shepherd-Rottweiler cross, the best was the Rotty-cross but neither would attack unless specifically ordered to do so. The Caracas dog was obviously poorly trained. I could have (& sometimes did for training, illegal in Australia in public) let the dog off the leash - it was like he was glued to my heel, unless told to do otherwise, & he was trained for voice & hand instructions (& I only had him for about 6 months, he'd been a yard-dog before that).

Have to give credit to the company training instructor for that, without his guidance it would never have happened. Boofhead (it was the name I gave him) was 60kg (+/-) & about 5' 10" when he stood on his hind legs.

One of the saddest days in my life when I handed him back to the company.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Well trained dogs can be amazing. Poorly trained or not trained at all can be anything from a PITA to a real danger. I do land surveying and it seems in some neighborhoods every other house has a hell hound pit bull. And the back yard looks (and smells) like a cow pasture.

On the other hand, one day I saw a lady walking her new puppy. It was so little the just mowed grass brushed its belly. I just had to ask how she got a hamster to walk on a leash. She laughed.

Oh, and I want one of those Sherp trucks! Looks like driving a monster skid steer.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

BIG ole' missiles under the wings on that F8, are they Martels, or Sea Eagles perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Gorgeous Crusader Leigh ! Wonder why he never hangs around here anymore ? Always loved that guy  :angry:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

jcf

PR19_Kit

Working out the stresses on that nose cone with your average woman wearing the shoe....... OUCH!  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..