Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Zombolt on July 09, 2016, 02:01:06 PM

That was actually used in a game, Ace Combat 5, as the Final form of the F-4 Development line. It went by the name F-4X
http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/F-4X

That's because it WAS an F4-X.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A simple but not unelegant combination:

And then...  :unsure:

PR19_Kit

The mind BOGGLES at a Phantom floatplane!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2016, 07:31:54 AM
The mind BOGGLES at a Phantom floatplane!  :o :o

absolutely !  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Not an F-4, but interesting, too.

ericr

yes  ;D

(floats source : Kingfisher ...)

PR19_Kit

The Kingfisher and the Rufe are very suitable sources for single float floatplanes. It's a pity there aren't more alternatives in that field.

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2016, 09:12:00 AM
The Kingfisher and the Rufe are very suitable sources for single float floatplanes. It's a pity there aren't more alternatives in that field.

Hasegawa Kyofu and old Aoshima or new(ish) RS Models Kawanishi E15K1 are 1/72 options
for larger floats more suitable to larger/heavier aircraft as the Kingfisher and A6M2N floats
are a bit small for anything larger than those two aircraft.

E15K1

kitnut617

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 12, 2016, 09:36:49 AM

Hasegawa Kyofu and old Aoshima or new(ish) RS Models Kawanishi E15K1 are 1/72 options
for larger floats more suitable to larger/heavier aircraft as the Kingfisher and A6M2N floats

I'd say! the empty weight of a Sea Hawk is 1 1/2 times heavier (9278 lb) than a Kingfisher's maximum take off weight (6000 lb). Even Jon's example is just marginally good enough, the max take-off weight of the Kawanishi E15K1 is 10803 lb. A Sea Hawk's max take-off weight is near 16000 lb.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Seahawk needs to be in BPF markings although maybe a float plane Attacker would be more appropriate ? Something about it is definitely familiar but I can't twig what.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 12, 2016, 12:33:37 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 12, 2016, 09:36:49 AM

I'd say! the empty weight of a Sea Hawk is 1 1/2 times heavier (9278 lb) than a Kingfisher's maximum take off weight (6000 lb). Even Jon's example is just marginally good enough, the max take-off weight of the Kawanishi E15K1 is 10803 lb. A Sea Hawk's max take-off weight is near 16000 lb.

But with unobtanium floats you gain because it has negative weight when it's in the water................  ;D :lol: :rolleyes:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

2 beauties up above ! well, 3 if you count the cute girl lol. The Phanotm boat needs a bit of research that's pretty cool.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled upon this simple and pretty Polish Spitfire Mk.1:

Captain Canada

:tornado: Defo got some cool value there ! I like the colour and the markings.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

It is nice. I built a Polish Spitfire in the same squadron markings a few years ago but in standard RAF camoflage. Tempted to do another now that I have some "proper" Polish paint colours. Maybe a early Hurricane and Defiant to go with it ? Put the invasion of 39 back to 40 ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.