Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2016, 09:22:54 PM

Needless to say, the 2J got banned too, which was weird as the CanAm Series essentially WAS a 'No Rules' type of racing.

But then for most things like that, it's 'Anything Goes, until I start losing'...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 16, 2016, 01:29:19 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2016, 09:22:54 PM

Needless to say, the 2J got banned too, which was weird as the CanAm Series essentially WAS a 'No Rules' type of racing.

But then for most things like that, it's 'Anything Goes, until I start losing'...

How very true that is!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Here's a Christmassy one for you all, I'd love to do a militarised version....

Get your microscopes out because I couldn't find a larger image  :thumbsup:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Captain Canada

The reindeer looks like he's out of a job  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

I found this to be pretty interesting because it says "WHIF" right on the box! I had no idea the terminology had gone "mainstream" but I'm still new to the whole idea myself.  Just thought I'd share.

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

There are a few whif-in-the-box kits out there, another recent one is the Skunkworks models F-16XL, which has parts and decals for 3 whif versions.
https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/skunk/kit_skunk_48026.shtml
Freedom models also produce an even more whif kit, the F-20B, twin seat version, which, IIRC, was never even built. :thumbsup:
I guess it is going mainstream...  :o

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Damn, that looks like a glorrrrrrrrious kit!  I'd build it with a big rack of Mk. 82s and such.  :mellow: :lol:  I kind of prefer 1/72 but don't knock 1/48. I've built a few back in the day! 

I've seen a number of produced whif kits (Testors F-19 springs to mind as an "earlier" one) but I've never really seen one with "WHIF" printed on the box... that's what struck me.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on December 25, 2016, 04:28:49 PM
Do we get royalties?

:mellow:

IMHO, we should, at the very least, get a free kit of each of those models sent to our houses... :angel:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Alvis 3.14159

Here's the link to the article. It was one of my earlier "What would Santa Fly" efforts. Thanks for posting it!

Alvis Pi

Quote from: RAFF-35 on December 24, 2016, 12:39:49 PM
Here's a Christmassy one for you all, I'd love to do a militarised version....

Get your microscopes out because I couldn't find a larger image  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on December 26, 2016, 02:04:03 PM
Here's the link to the article. It was one of my earlier "What would Santa Fly" efforts. Thanks for posting it!
Alvis Pi
Uh? I could not read a link in your post, Alvis. :-\  But your words directed Google to it, thanks!
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal2/1901-2000/Gal1962-Santa2003-Petrie/00.shtm
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Tophe on December 26, 2016, 08:26:17 PM
Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on December 26, 2016, 02:04:03 PM
Alvis Pi
Uh? I could not read a link in your post, Alvis. :-\  But your words directed Google to it, thanks!
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal2/1901-2000/Gal1962-Santa2003-Petrie/00.shtm

Oops. My bad. Thanks

Alvis pi

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Caveman on December 28, 2016, 01:05:17 PM
This. Whole. Thread!

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=379
115 Spitfires? There might be someone right on this forum going to surpass that! ;D

The sheer amount of research going into each collection in that collection must take some dedication, never mind building and modifying the same kit over and over. Though with two people cooperating and many copies of the exact same kit being worked on simultaneously, I would imagine you could reinvent the assembly line and simply proceed from one work stage to another without ever stopping to literally wait paint/glue/varnish/putty dry ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Snowtrooper on December 28, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

115 Spitfires? There might be someone right on this forum going to surpass that! ;D

He already has, WELL past 115 IIRC.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit