Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

A pair of very well rendered IAF F-35's

Steven L

Caveman

Very nice.
[JMN MODE] Pity about the heat distortion layered over the top of the near side stab and the overdone panel lines on the bump map. Also much like model ts you can have f35s in any colour, so long as it's grey... unless you don't want a stealth strike aircraft.[JMN MODE OFF]
secretprojects forum migrant

FAR148

Well how about a two seater?

Steven L

Caveman

Now that is neat. Very nicely done
secretprojects forum migrant

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Caveman on January 15, 2017, 01:48:18 PM
Very nice.
[JMN MODE] Pity about the heat distortion layered over the top of the near side stab and the overdone panel lines on the bump map. Also much like model ts you can have f35s in any colour, so long as it's grey... unless you don't want a stealth strike aircraft.[JMN MODE OFF]

Another pity is that both aircraft carry the same tactical code. While the IDF is creative in such things, it's a shame that the overall great work is hampered by this negligence.  :-\

Captain Canada

I like the tanks on the Israeli one.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Alternative Shuttle carrier plane concepts, posted on Twitter by @Aerodork:
https://twitter.com/AeroDork/status/823951189519855617

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

That first shuttle carrier reminds me of 63cpe's Transall.

Second one needs the tails joining to alleviate the twisting moments on the centre section.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ah yes, the C-5Z.  :o

A girl modeller in the Salisbury area built that in 1/72 scale. It was GINORMOUS, and she had to carry it to shows on the roof rack of her car with the outer wings removed. I once followed her to the Salisbury Show for a few miles and the number of potential accidents that she caused just by existing was immense!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks for these twin-boom/twin-fuselage ones! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Something completely different, yet potentially turning up in your rear-view mirror?

An autonomous policy motorcycle!

More here: http://www.inautonews.com/the-brigade-is-a-futuristic-autonomous-police-motorcycle-concept

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 25, 2017, 02:24:14 AM

A girl modeller in the Salisbury area built that in 1/72 scale. It was GINORMOUS, and she had to carry it to shows on the roof rack of her car with the outer wings removed.

Was that the one allegedly used as a Hamster cage on non show days ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

I recall reading a Novel called Shuttle by David C Olney which was about air-launched Space Shuttles
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2017, 06:01:23 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 25, 2017, 02:24:14 AM

A girl modeller in the Salisbury area built that in 1/72 scale. It was GINORMOUS, and she had to carry it to shows on the roof rack of her car with the outer wings removed.

Was that the one allegedly used as a Hamster cage on non show days ?  ;D

Hehehe, I do believe you're right, yes.  ;D

What was her name, all I can remember is her first name, which was Lyndsey, but she was a really good modeller?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

That C-5Z would certainly be something to see ! Wow !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?