Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James W.

Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2017, 02:45:36 AM
Heh heh, very good.

Achtung! Englander!

Nein, nein, nein!

Deine Luftwaffe Messerschmitt bubblekarsi  - mitt zer zwilling MG-FF 20mm - ist das straffen-fuehrer!

NARSES2

An old school mate's brother had a Bubble Car (the Heinkel ? one behind the softtop) and he used to drop me off at school in it in our final year, he went to the Grammar up the road. Had to have the reverse locked off so he could drive it on a m/c licence which could of lead to some problems, but you could always lift it out of any tricky situations  ;D

There were always stories of skeletons being found in them where people had driven into a garage right up against the wall and then couldn't open the front opening door. reverse locked off ? Then you're stuck and starve  :o I think there was even a Frankie Howard TV 30 mins show based on the above scenario ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on May 12, 2017, 06:04:01 AM

IIRC you can get it painted like that as a factory option:

Morgan will be offering the turret as an option now of course, with your choice of .303 Brownings or MG 131s, depending on which side of the Channel you are.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2017, 02:44:25 AM
An old school mate's brother had a Bubble Car (the Heinkel ? one behind the softtop) and he used to drop me off at school in it in our final year, he went to the Grammar up the road. Had to have the reverse locked off so he could drive it on a m/c licence which could of lead to some problems, but you could always lift it out of any tricky situations  ;D

There were always stories of skeletons being found in them where people had driven into a garage right up against the wall and then couldn't open the front opening door. reverse locked off ? Then you're stuck and starve  :o I think there was even a Frankie Howard TV 30 mins show based on the above scenario ?  ;D

The one with the front door must have been the Iso Isetta, built also in Germany by BMW.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on May 13, 2017, 03:39:05 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2017, 02:44:25 AM

The one with the front door must have been the Iso Isetta, built also in Germany by BMW.

Both the Iso/BMW and the Heinkel had a front door.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By John Green, silly week 2005 build at ARC.
This is my 1/72 Airfix F-5E Tiger II, built almost straight from the box, but finished in a rather unusual colour scheme, to represent an entirely fictional RAF aggressor aircraft of 151 Squadron.  The paintwork is Humbrol & the decals an assortment of Modeldecals & some stencils from a Fujimi Phantom FGR2. 

More here:  http://www.arcair.com/Gal4/3001-3100/Gal3099-F-5-Green/00.shtm

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

That F-5 looks good but that Phantom... :o Very good indeed! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 05, 2017, 05:09:19 AM
That F-5 looks good but that Phantom... :o Very good indeed! :thumbsup:

The F-4 was a weird coincidence. I found it either the same day or the day after I decided I wanted to make one with the single cockpit like that (because the rear glass is missing from the kit) and I figured it would be a good one to practice my scratch building with... whatever..plastic card and such... whatever would be needed to fill in that rear cockpit section.  I took it as a sign that I should give it a try. That project is months to years down the road, now, however.

Of course, I'm an F-5 junkie so I love that one...   not much else to say on that. I suspect some people might not care too much for it though.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

I'm with you on that one, i love the F-5 and i don't care what others think.. I call it the same as British would call me, an SLB, as in "Skinny Little B*st*rd"...  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

I like the Phantom very much - like the missing link to the F-3 Demon.

zenrat

It took a second glance to suss out the Phantom.  It's always good when that happens.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Ooh those are both sweet ! The F-4 looks like a Skyhawk on steroids  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

The F-4 Looks like the missing link between the F-3 Demon and the F-4 Phantom II, me likey!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

While doing some inspirational WWW digging, I came across this piece of art  :wub::

This is (or better:was) an F-94 wingtip tank, converted into a Tin-tin-esque "Megalodon" submarine-thing.

More here, incl. a video: http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdness/megalodon-bomber/