Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 12, 2017, 02:01:26 AM
Came across this Morgan Three-Wheeler with a "special option" added:

Mate of mine had a JZR, which is a bargain-basement Morgan-style kit-car powered by Hondas CX500 or Moto-Guzzi engines. Hia didn't have the turret, but the headlight switch was a Lancaster bomber radiator flap switch which was pretty cool. :mellow:

The stories I could tell, but probably shouldn't, about Rob and that car........ :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Had the idea to make a British Antarctic Survey Stalwart Mk.1 from the S&M kit, so I went looking for references, and somebody'd beaten me to it, but using the old Matchbox die-cast Mk.1. Well done Kelvin64:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28773898@N04/8365213701

Matchbox Toys Alvis Stalwart 'BP Exploration'  No.61 Conversion: Antarctica Diorama - 4 Of 34
by Kelvin64, on Flickr

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Nice work on both the Morgan and the Stalwart ! I'm having lots of Arctic thoughts during my furlough.  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on June 27, 2017, 04:39:49 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 12, 2017, 02:01:26 AM
Came across this Morgan Three-Wheeler with a "special option" added:

Mate of mine had a JZR, which is a bargain-basement Morgan-style kit-car powered by Hondas CX500 or Moto-Guzzi engines. Hia didn't have the turret, but the headlight switch was a Lancaster bomber radiator flap switch which was pretty cool. :mellow:

The stories I could tell, but probably shouldn't, about Rob and that car........ :wacko:
The guy who makes the JZR's is a friend of mine, he is called John Ziember, and they are built in Darwen. The last one he had on his ramp had a 2.2 litre Harley engine up front, with a ford cortina four speed gear box attached. He is a very clever bloke and builds classic and Vintage motorcycles too as well as sprinting them.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on June 27, 2017, 04:01:52 PM
The guy who makes the JZR's is a friend of mine, he is called John Ziember, and they are built in Darwen. The last one he had on his ramp had a 2.2 litre Harley engine up front, with a ford cortina four speed gear box attached. He is a very clever bloke and builds classic and Vintage motorcycles too as well as sprinting them.
Chris

Small world! Rob's was the second kit ever made. He didn't buy it new, rather he bought it off the first owner who'd made a pig's ear of it and put it right. It was powered by an 850cc Moto Guzzi engine, and Rob made a new swing arm which allowed it to use a car tyre at the back instead of the bike one. It was painted bright yellow, which promptly got it named 'Buttercup' by his daughter. It had no reverse gear of course, so you had to get out and push it into tight parking spaces. One time a guy ran out of a shop to help, and before Rob could stop him, he grabbed the first two convenient 'handles' on the front, which just happened to be the exhaust pipes.... ouch....

Another time, he was driving through Manchester on a Saturday night with his daughter in the passenger seat, when, at a traffic light, a bunch of drunken lads surrounded them. One jumped on the luggage rack on the back and demanded Rob give him a ride. He was told twice to get off, but he wasn't having it.

"Okay," said Rob, "if you want a ride, I'll give you a ****ing ride!"

He then nailed it at 100mph to the next large roundabout, and proceeded to circle it at 60mph with the outside front wheel against the kerb, the inside one flying over the flowers and the car at about 45% tilt. By now the drunk was hanging on for his life and screaming "let me off!! Let me off!!!!" Rob gave him about five minutes, you know, to make sure he really wanted to get off, then dumped him in the middle of the roundabout.... ;D

- Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Weaver on June 27, 2017, 04:20:26 PM

Another time, he was driving through Manchester on a Saturday night with his daughter in the passenger seat, when, at a traffic light, a bunch of drunken lads surrounded them. One jumped on the luggage rack on the back and demanded Rob give him a ride. He was told twice to get off, but he wasn't having it.

"Okay," said Rob, "if you want a ride, I'll give you a ****ing ride!"

He then nailed it at 100mph to the next large roundabout, and proceeded to circle it at 60mph with the outside front wheel against the kerb, the inside one flying over the flowers and the car at about 45% tilt. By now the drunk was hanging on for his life and screaming "let me off!! Let me off!!!!" Rob gave him about five minutes, you know, to make sure he really wanted to get off, then dumped him in the middle of the roundabout.... ;D

SORTED!!  ;D :thumbsup:

chrisonord

HAHA, brilliant stuff, they are a cracking piece of kit too, would love to be able to afford one also, as he builds them with Pan European engines in too.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Well, probably not truly operational anymore...  :o

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

long live seaplanes !!!  ;D :o :thumbsup:

scooter

It might get airborne, and it might survive one landing only...but it's like the saying in the US Navy during Operation Earnest Will- any ship can be a minesweeper once.  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

;D ;D ;D ;D

Theory time... the thing is too darn nice looking not to be operational.. so.. here's my theory: The pontoons are either out for repair or the owner is waiting for new ones to arrive so in the meantime put these temporary death traps on there.  :lol: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Very expensive pontoon boat!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

After his aircraft was stolen and recovered for the third time, Bela decide to anchor it out by his
boat. The Danube Anti-Theft Device, patent pending.