Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 02, 2017, 06:24:30 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 01, 2017, 09:28:09 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on September 01, 2017, 12:14:08 AM
FORGOTTEN TO ADD:

At the time (1970 - 1972 ? ) I had BUILT the Caproni-Moroni. Is that the oldest whif in history?

Perhaps for you, but not in general.

I realize now that I had built quite a few what we call what-ifs back in the 60's. Kit probably will up the anti pretty soon -----   ;D

I'm afraid not.

My first Whiff was my 92 Sqdn. Lockheed F-104K Starfighter F3 from 1972.

It was a Matchbox review kit I did for Scale Models Magazine and I started the review by writing 'If I wanted a really good Starfighter I wouldn't start with this one!'   ;D

Ron Moulton, the Editor, wouldn't print that so I 'converted' it to the F3 spec.  ;)

Do you still have it Kit ?

Some of my early whiffs were a bunch of half-tracks. Back then I had as much military vehicles as I had planes and the Airfix American half-track was one of my fav's. But what I wanted was something bigger and better --- so I ended up building one from the front half of the 25pdr tractor and a Panzer Assualt Gun (minus the gun though). It looked quite convincing and I ended up building about six of them. That led to a bunch of other things that got mixed up ---- my Dad would look at them and have me explain the reasoning behind it, I suppose that led to me researching things so that whatever get's whiffed was somewhat plausible.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I certainly do, and it was on the SIG stand at the Coventry Show recently.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Drawings of "Superweapons" from the Japanese fantasy artist Shigeru Kamatsudzaki:

Found here: http://477768.livejournal.com/1369077.html

NARSES2

Great pictures, fascinating stuff. The 1930's style illustrations particular pique my interest. I can actually see that S.P. gun in French markings as mobile support on the Maginot Line.

Thanks for the post  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm not sure what's going on in that last picture.  They appear to be unloading a camouflaged bath tub.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2017, 03:26:07 AM

I'm not sure what's going on in that last picture.  They appear to be unloading a camouflaged bath tub.

Isn't it an oversized and armoured motorbike and sidecar with added gun turrets?

It seems to have space for three wheels, only two of which are visible, and then only just.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Tracked vehicle with single wheel up front, side-view, and aircraft overhead shows
that it forms the front end of the aircraft.

Dizzyfugu

...and it actually is the detachable nose section of the aircraft!  :laugh:

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Madoc

Meh.

I mean seriously guys, did you even look at the photos of the thing there in China?  And you call that impressive?  Seriously?

They got the camber of the wingtips all wrong - and that's a dead giveaway there.  The number of static discharge aerials along the trailing edges of the horizontal stabilizers is completely wrong.  Let's not even get into the lack of color matching when it comes to accurately painting the hydraulic lines in the landing gear bays.  And speaking of landing gear - how can you guys excuse that grossly incorrect tread pattern on the tires?

I mean, seriously guys!
Wherever you go, there you are!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Madoc on September 19, 2017, 03:37:15 PM
Meh.

I mean seriously guys, did you even look at the photos of the thing there in China?  And you call that impressive?  Seriously?

They got the camber of the wingtips all wrong - and that's a dead giveaway there.  The number of static discharge aerials along the trailing edges of the horizontal stabilizers is completely wrong.  Let's not even get into the lack of color matching when it comes to accurately painting the hydraulic lines in the landing gear bays.  And speaking of landing gear - how can you guys excuse that grossly incorrect tread pattern on the tires?

I mean, seriously guys!

;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Meh, Madoc's just being a JWN*.

*Joyless Welding Numpty.  ;D

Madoc

Jon,

Hah!

Seriously though - a 1:1 scale 5 tonne steel model?  Damn but, that's some hella dedication to the craft right there!  VERY impressive indeed.
Wherever you go, there you are!