Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Here's an Instagram account from a Singapore-based modeller/cosplayer who does some really excellent Star Wars stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/plasticstarwars/

Came to my attention because Massimo on Twitter posted these pics of explosion dios made with cotton wool and LEDs:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

That's pretty impressive.  :thumbsup: Old school cotton wool and new school LED's , ingenious  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Neato!! Pretty realistic looking effect.
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

More explosions from Massimo. Here's the source: https://blog.naver.com/leowonny/221132195238

Apparently some people can't see the pics, so here's the one from the Twitter feed:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Pic's ain't showing for me. Now I've visited the site they are ... Weird! :unsure:

But the link works! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :o :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

I can see the first post of the explosions H', but all I can see in the second post is white squares with a 'no entry' symbol in it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

strobez

I have the exact same idea for my Area 88 mini dio of a 1/144 MB-14 with an exploding engine.  I'm glad to see the concept is proven, now it'll all be up to my execution of it.

What's an MB-14 you might ask? Judging by the 400 dead bodies floating in Osaka bay in 1980 after Yamato Air Lines flight 31 crashes due to inferior parts/maintenance, I'm guessing it looks a bit like a Boeing 767... in a Zvezda box.  :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Greg

63cpe

Don't know if this realword whif ever showed up....

Belgian thunderage by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David

Snowtrooper

Is that supposed to be a F-84 Thunderjet turned into a decoy target pretending to be a F-16 Falcon? (Though I don't remember seeing any Belgian F-16's in such a camo, so may be playing the part of another...)

PR19_Kit

IIRC it's an F-84F pretending to be a Mirage.

There were a few ;D of them dotted about an airfield in Belgium at one time, some done a little bit better than others.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 23, 2018, 11:22:35 AM
I can see the first post of the explosions H', but all I can see in the second post is white squares with a 'no entry' symbol in it.

You should be able to see at least one pic now. If you go to the source, you can see them all.

- Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Trying to think what kind of bird this reminds me of.... because of the nose...  hmmmmmmm...

Pretty neat, though!! Although the critical part of me says she has problems breathing. heheh
-Sprues McDuck-

CANSO

Another real world whif with some history:

A Rockwell Commander 112A on truck wheels! :thumbsup:
This is the story of the plane, based on the registration:
On May 17, 1994, at 1645 Pacific daylight time, a Rockwell Commander 112A, N1349J, was substantially damaged during a forced landing near Henderson, Nevada. The private pilot and his two passengers were not injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the personal flight.
According to the pilot, he departed runway 18 and a shallow right climbing turn was initiated after the gear was retracted. A 200 rpm loss was experienced and a gradual degradation of engine power was observed without any sign of vibration, detonation, backfiring or sputtering. The loss of power continued to the point where the airplane could not maintain altitude.
The pilot elected to turn towards a busy highway, but had to veer away to avoid colliding with vehicles on the highway. The airplane touched down on the left shoulder of the roadway with the landing gear extended. Prior to coming to a stop on the desert floor, both main landing gears collapsed after impacting a drainage ditch.
The reason for the loss of engine power could not be determined.

I don't know anything about the "after-life" of the former plane. :rolleyes:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise