Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Flyer on August 05, 2018, 06:21:30 AM

Did Spitfires/Seafires ever wear this scheme?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/durafly-supermarine-seafire-mkiib-1100mm-pnf-pacific-scheme.html

I don't think so. That's a US Navy scheme and the USN didn't have any Spitfires/Seafires.l That one doesn't seem to have a hook either, although the Seafire IIs didn't have folding wings at all.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on August 09, 2018, 04:53:33 PM
Okay this needs building...

Found here, but with zero information: https://royalcambodiaarmy.blogspot.com/2014/09/mi-24-mi-28-tank-helicopter-flying.html?m=1

That pic has been around for a while. Doable in either 1/72 or 1/48; I'd use a Challenger (I/II) for the tank parts (2, actually, unless I learned how to cast resin in the process).

A Soviet/Russian version would be interesting, too, using either a Mil Mi-28 Havoc or a Kamov Ka-50/52 Black Shark/Alligator (Hokum A/B) & a T-72/T-80 (or two).

No, I have not plans for such.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

That goes far farther beyond the realms of sanity that my brain, unaided, is capable of  ;) ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

This'n ain't much better...   ;D

It's like some weird cross between Phantom and Hurricane... superflous spinner and exhaust that dumps into the intake....     etc.  ;D  :o ;D

EDIT: Get a load of the back!!  ;D :o ;D

EDIT: Two more in the series:

I think they're  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

loupgarou

Makes you wonder what the "artist" had been smoking or drinking.  ;D
In the same or similar series I remember a Caravelle that looked like a skateboard.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

There's 'merely bad' art, and then there's art where the sheer level of 'don't-give-a-sh*t' is kinda epic in and of itself.... :wacko: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 10, 2018, 10:20:24 AM
EDIT: Get a load of the back!!  ;D :o ;D
I was very interested in the Mustang one, but difficult to see it precisely on your little picture. I searched for it on the web and got almost the same, not bigger:

Anyway it seems less inventive than the Speed Fire: no jet, no delta wing, and this may be a Hellcat with a wrong name :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Definitely looks like a wild or hellcat and not a Mustang.  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Came across this re-winged (C)F-18 from Canada - a little tail-heavy, IMHO, but a very elegant creation:

NARSES2

It is quite elegant and reminds me of a few Gerry Anderson'esque creations
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

I do like that! Plane and scheme both.
-Sprues McDuck-

nighthunter

Quebecian, if I am not mistaken
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

buzzbomb

Quote from: nighthunter on August 27, 2018, 12:52:58 PM
Quebecian, if I am not mistaken

Wheew. Here I was thinking that the Boy Scouts have their own airforce :thumbsup: