Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2019, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2019, 04:12:00 AM

I had, and built a couple of those Impact kits when they came out. From memory it was the Gladiator and Flycatcher. I was young enough not to be bothered by rigging, and if I was it would of been thread from mum's sewing box tied around the ends of the struts  ;D Oh to be young and innocent again  ;)

They came with a reel of rigging thread in the kit!

Maybe I didn't raid mum's sewing box then ?  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Well I only ever built two of the INPACT  kits.
The first was the Bristol Boxkite, and I loved it. I fully rigged it, and no I do not think I raided Mum's sewing cabinet for the thread, but I am sure that is where it came from, as I do not remember the kit having any thread in it.

The first one I built was the Boxkite, and fully rigged, it was the pride of my collection.
That is at least until my older sister managed to step on it and so it was destroyed.

My older sister now lives in Australia so that is most probably far enough away!

The other one that I built was the Anntionette, at least I think it was. It  was certainly a monoplane.

One section of the Boxkite remains and here it is, I do not have the faintest idea what I will ever do with it, other than look at it with fond memories.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CANSO

A variation of the Laputa Flappter with an insectoid appearance:

More here.

jcf

Poster for the 2019 IPMS-USA Nationals in Chattanooga.  ;D

http://www.ipmsusanationals.com/

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

philp

This is directly from the Contest website:

With a focus on model displays, categories such as Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?, Farfegnugen, The Wreckers Ball, Models that everyone owns but no one finishes (just kidding about that one).

I gotta work on some ideas.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

Quote from: philp on January 16, 2019, 08:07:49 PM

Models that everyone owns but no one finishes (just kidding about that one).

Sounds like a possible group build subject!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on January 17, 2019, 12:02:17 AM
Quote from: philp on January 16, 2019, 08:07:49 PM

Models that everyone owns but no one finishes (just kidding about that one).

Sounds like a possible group build subject!

... don't you mean a 'Group Part-Build'?...  :lol: :rolleyes:

zenrat

Which British comedy sketch show featured a spoof Audi advert which finished with "Deutschland Uber Alles, as they still like to imply in Germany"?
I was around the time Audi's Vorsprung lurch Technic ads were being Aired.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: CANSO on January 16, 2019, 12:50:55 PM
A variation of the Laputa Flappter with an insectoid appearance:

I like that

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2019, 01:15:04 AM
Which British comedy sketch show featured a spoof Audi advert which finished with "Deutschland Uber Alles, as they still like to imply in Germany"?

I think it was Spitting Image

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 17, 2019, 06:00:00 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2019, 01:15:04 AM

I think it was Spitting Image

Yes. I think you are correct.
They also did the "nice South African" song of which I have fond memories.
They really didn't mind who they upset.

It would be interesting to see what they made out of our current crop of (Australian) pollies.  Or yours for that matter.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Steampunk fish ('cos steam totally works underwater of course):

ericr should love this one.... ;D

Posted on Twitter by @OneHumbleGhost here: https://twitter.com/OneHumbleGhost/status/1086638615613112320
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

I'm not sure what to say! Awesome doesn't even come close!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise