Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

Looks like something out of Doctor Who
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

scooter

Maybe it ate part of the Yamato? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on January 19, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
Looks like something out of Doctor Who

Certainly looks as though the tower thingy that's "riding" it is Dalek inspired.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Dizzyfugu

Not really a whif, but certainly a nice move: the return of a BOAC 747 to regular service (until 2023).  <_<

https://www.prexamples.com/2019/01/british-airways-celebrates-100-years-with-retro-aircraft-redesign/

PR19_Kit

Excellent stuff there!  :thumbsup:

That's one of the 'classic' BOAC/BA747 schemes, the other being the 'Landor' scheme.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That BOAC 747 scheme does look class  :thumbsup:

Given they are celebrating 100 years I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if the museum in the old Croydon Airport control tower is putting on any special events.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Nice article here: http://pinktentacle.com/2010/06/future-transportation-1936/

It reprints a Japanese magazine article from 1936 about future transportation possibilities:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

;D ;D ;D From here: http://www.pxleyes.com/photoshop-contest/20218/flying-machines.html

Why am I thinking that this would look even more 'right' if it was based on a Sikorsky S-55 or S-58?  :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

I don't know, Weaver, but I agree with you.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Because the S-55/H-19, in particular, already looks a lot like a flying food van. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Saw this rather awesome VF-1 maintenance dio browsing Pintrest this evening:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: scooter on February 26, 2019, 03:49:26 PM
Saw this rather awesome VF-1 maintenance dio browsing Pintrest this evening:

Any idea or indication which kit this is? It's a VF-1D two seater, and AFAIK this should be the 1:72 Hasegawa kit (since there's no bigger D kit around). That's impressive.